We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you a talented Business Analyst? If so, read on! We have two great opportunities for experienced Business Analysts to join our Business Services team in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Salford Quays, Manchester.
You’ll be central to providing the business analysis that drives the delivery of our ambitious, group-wide strategic change programme, contributing to multiple, concurrent projects with ownership of business and IT change elements.
We’re looking for a front-foot Business Analyst, someone who can be dextrous, enjoys diversity and ideally (albeit not essential) has experience of insurance environments. Working alongside the Executive Sponsor, Programme Manager, Project Manager, third-party suppliers and our in-house change disciplines to deliver our strategic roadmap.
You'll be key to the delivery of change through the full project life cycle: ideation – design and analysis - delivery - transition to BAU and closure.
A progressive stakeholder management approach is key to this role. We’re looking for ownership, dexterity, creativity and a willingness to get involved and drive the shared endeavour that underpins everything we do.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Be able to confidently deliver in a fast-paced agile delivery environment
- Ideally have experience of working in insurance in a Business Analyst role
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering business change across large and small change initiatives
- Effectively execute a wide range of analytical tools and techniques, including process mapping, re-engineering, Gap analysis, SWOT analysis, Options analysis, statistical and database analysis, wireframing and prototyping.
- Instigate, prepare, facilitate and lead meetings, workshops and presentations for a wide range of audiences, demonstrating consistently high qualities of communication and strong powers of influence
- Influence strategic decisions to ensure that the change projects remain in line with the latest business thinking
- Provide Project and Programme Managers with clearly defined requirements and aligned business solutions to ensure successful business outcome(s)
- Support the definition of realisable benefits and support the prioritisation of change
- Contribute to the setting of standard practices and processes for the Business Analysis discipline and ensure these are adhered to and best practice is followed to support a fully agile change and development environment.
- Produce clear and effective Project and requirements documentation, presenting information in an intelligent and clear way to communicate requirements, business solution options and recommendations to different stakeholder audiences
- Develop close working relationships with Subject Matter Experts, Heads of Department, Project/Programme Managers and Sponsors to drive decisions
- Work with our Technology colleagues - Developers, Solution Architects and QA to ensure the alignment between technical solutions and stated business requirements.
- Play a part in interpreting legislative and regulatory changes, assessing the wider impact on business procedures and designing solutions to ensure compliance with externally driven timeframes
Experience & knowledge
Demonstrable understanding of a range of Business Analysis and Change Management tools and techniques
Proven experience of applying business analysis within an iterative and Agile change framework
Ideally an Insurance or financial Services background, although other backgrounds will be considered
Change Management: experienced in facilitating change within a business unit and across an organisation, to include defining/re- engineering existing and new processes as well as the development of new services and products
Demonstrable experience of delivering business change across large and small change initiatives – ‘Depth and Breadth’
Knowledge of a structured yet agile approach to delivering analysis and change
Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF)
Skills & Qualifications
Formal qualification or a desire to be formally qualified in Business Analysis and/or change management
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong workshop and meeting facilitation skills
Experienced at building relationships with and managing internal and external stakeholders
Experience in selecting and executing elicitation techniques such as Interviews, Exploratory Prototypes, Facilitated Workshops, Focus Groups, Observation, User Task Analysis, Wireframing, Documentation study and Surveys and Process Re-engineering.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Commercially focused and results driven
Self-motivated and enthusiastic
An organised and pro-active approach
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
A flexible approach and positive attitude
Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
Takes initiative to make decisions
Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Fantastic training and development opportunities
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
A health cash plan
Help with travel expenses
The opportunity to buy additional holiday
Company pension scheme
Group life assurance
Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .