We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further we have a brand new growth role! We need a Claims Fraud Technical Coach to join our Counter Fraud Services team in either our Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex offices.
You will be reporting into the CFS Technical Manager and primarily providing technical support to the Claims Fraud Investigation Teams within CFS.
This role will be working a 37.5 hour working week Monday to Friday and flexible hybrid working available.
- Handle a personal caseload of potential fraud risks, including fraud networks, in accordance with CFS SLA’s, FCA regulations, and legislative and policy guidelines where required.
- Caseload to include desk-top handling, with direct interaction with policyholders, third parties and witnesses; extending to incorporate telephone-based interviews and written communications, and the appointment of external specialists to include investigators, law firms and motor engineers
- Produce high quality written reports and advice for the business, to include recommendations.
- Complete monthly audits on Claims Fraud and Complex Fraud investigators to assess quality and leakage.
- Conduct monthly coaching sessions with Claims Fraud investigators to discuss audit results and technical development.
- Provide additional support to Claims Fraud Investigators where required.
- Prepare and deliver training material to Claims Fraud investigators and wider business areas.
- Support the development and improvement of processes in CFS.
- Manage and action technical referrals from the Claims Fraud investigators in line with their career job level.
- Help to manage the relationship with FCIM panel of service providers including law firms and investigators
- As required assist with external supplier audits
- Provide advice and support to business areas and CFS with regard to potential fraud risks.
- Process and authorise cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with authorities.
- Ensure claim files are reserved accurately and reserves amended where required
- Meet agreed fraud KPI’s and targets.
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties
Experience & knowledge:
- Strong motor claims and policy experience.
- Proven track record in investigating fraud risks impacting on a motor insurer.
- Claims fraud investigation and management, to include organised motor fraud.
- Experience in assisting with team management duties
- Excellent knowledge of processes and tactics used to investigate and manage insurance fraud, and a solid understanding of relevant fraud related legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to general insurance.
- Sound understanding of all aspects of motor insurance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Computer literate, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the internet.
- Desktop fraud investigation, to include telephone interviews.
- Appointment and management of external fraud service providers.
- Excellent report production skills.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.