We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Counter Fraud Intelligence Analyst to join our team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex!
Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract opportunity.
- Generous competitive salary from £23,500 per year – Depending on experience plus fantastic company benefits
- Hybrid working of 4 days a week at home and 1 day in the office
- Monday to Friday 7.5 hours a day – Flexibility available
- A fun, energetic and lively working environment
As an Intelligence Analyst, you’ll be responsible for completing complex desktop research reports, reviewing and analysing fraudulent claims/policies and managing fraud operations.
Protecting the business from fraud risks, you’ll receive, triage and disseminate all sourced intelligence, ensuring full compliance with company financial crime procedures and policies at all times.
- Management of a fraud intelligence repository, to include data input, quality, retention and disposal, referring to the Intelligence Supervisor as necessary
- Undertake desktop research on suspect claims and policies and produce comprehensive intelligence and research reports
- Identify and refer suspect claims and polices to relevant teams using fraud databases and analytics tools
- Producing witness statements on policy misrepresentation and non-disclosure and giving evidence in court
- Meet agreed fraud KPIs and targets
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of market counter fraud activities specific to intelligence and related fraud/financial crime legislation
- Ensure compliance with company financial crime procedures and related policies
- Submit Suspicious Activity Reports as necessary to the Intelligence Supervisor. - Analysis of fraud threats using multiple Excel datasets
- Maintain the fraud intelligence relationships with the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB), Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department (IFED) and Insurance Fraud Investigators Group (IFIG)
- To adhere to and consider all regulatory requirements at all times, including TCF, DPA and AML
Skills, knowledge & experience:
- Fraud intelligence handling in the general insurance (motor) environment
- Undertaking research and writing reports
- Motor insurance claims and policy experience
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Awareness of the IFB intelligence model
- Good understanding of relevant fraud-related legislation
- Excellent knowledge of FCA requirements (including Treating Customers Fairly) and the regulatory framework relating to general insurance
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Passionate about reducing the business exposure to fraud risk
- An organised and proactive approach
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Confident in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Strive to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.