We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the lookout for an Intervention Handler to join our Third Party team in Salford Quays, Manchester.
Have you got top notch people skills and a flair for sales? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Experience of motor claims would be advantageous but not essential, ultimately the role entails proactively upselling our services in assisting with repairs and mobility requirements to ensure an efficient and effective settlement of claims for our customers.
Our Third Party Intervention team work a 37.5 hour working week on a 4 week shift rota from 8am to 4:30pm, 9am to 5:30pm and 11:30am to 8pm Monday to Friday plus 1 in 4 Saturdays 9am to 4pm.
- Act upon internal Third Party (TP) referrals from first notification of loss.
- Be the first point of telephone contact with the Third Party, dedicated to providing a professional and empathetic service through great communication.
- Proactively attempt to make contact and convert the maximum number of Third Parties referred to the team using all available communication methods.
- Answer the TP intervention phone line, within the company SLA and provide a professional and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) compliant service to the caller.
- Manage the period and cost of hire provided to Third Parties and to ensure all costs are kept to a minimum and are not subject to any leakage.
- Manage the period and cost of repairs provided to Third Parties and to ensure all costs are kept to a minimum and are not subject to any leakage.
- Liaise, as appropriate, with other Claims areas to ensure any issues are resolved efficiently and expeditiously.
- Take responsibility for own development in conjunction with Line Manager
- Contribute to identifying areas for improvement to enhance the process and service being offered to Third Parties
- Identify and refer any personal injury claims to our specified supplier in accordance with current procedure.
- Ensure reserves and diary are kept accurately for all aspects of the TP intervention claim.
- Manage invoices received from the authorised hire and repair partners, ensuring they are accurate, and register payments onto the claims system for approval.
- Process any diary allocated to the TP intervention team.
- Be aware of potential fraudulent claims and pass on the necessary details when identified to the Counter Fraud Department.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Experience of working in a customer service sales role or similar environment
- Previous experience of working in Motor Claims (Desirable)
- Excellent Customer Service and Sales skills
- Negotiation and objection handling skills
- Pro-active attitude and enthusiastic approach
- Customer focused work ethic
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Fantastic training and development opportunities
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
A health cash plan
Help with travel expenses
The opportunity to buy additional holiday
Company pension scheme
Group life assurance
Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .