We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking to grow your career with an exciting, dynamic company? Well look no further! We need a Pricing Manager to join our Commercial team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
This is a brand new role, which will be key to supporting the successful launch of our new home insurance product line.
You'll lead the trading performance as part of the Retail Pricing team, ensuring delivery of targets and managing the assessment of price tests as well as provide thought leadership and people management to enable the development and execution of the group’s retail pricing function to support the delivery of the group’s sales and profit targets.
- Optimise First Centrals trading position, ensuring delivery to targets and embedding a philosophy of continuous improvement
- Develop pricing strategies in line with business requirements
- Design, implement and manage the ongoing assessment of price tests, developing a best practice for experimental designs
- Manage rate changes and implementation of new pricing strategies
- Build predictive models and maintain existing predictive models to support pricing
- Create an innovative approach which drives the business forward by introducing new analytical methods, making use of new data sources and producing reporting suites to track performance
- Support the broader business and commercial and marketing programmes through though leadership into organisational programmes of work
- Provide input and advice into company analysis strategy and the effective implementation of that strategy to meet company requirements
- Produce timely and accurate information for management decision-making purposes in a clear, well-defined and structured way
- Liaise with other departments on data issues, business effects influencing company reports, business processes and operational issues
- Implement department timescales on any standard report production, ad hoc business queries, and external requests
- Maintain an ethically sound workplace culture of inclusivity, openness, ownership, collaboration, ambition, innovation, agility, and respect
- Represent the Retail Pricing Director in meetings as and when required
Job Specific Competencies:
- Minimum 2:1 in a numerical undergraduate discipline
- Extensive experience of personal lines insurance pricing or similar
- Experience in people and project leadership
- Proven ability to produce outstanding results based on own initiative
- Good understanding of price optimisation techniques
- Strong background in statistical methods
- Experience of SAS, Emblem, Radar, Excel and advanced statistical techniques
- People and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong IT skills (including Excel, Emblem, Radar and programming skills)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Good knowledge of motor insurance products and the motor insurance industry
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations
- Broad knowledge of statistical methods and techniques
- Logical thinker with solid reasoning ability
- Commercially focused
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Quick learner
- Able to transfer skills and knowledge to others
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Takes initiative to make decisions
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .