Are you looking for a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? If so, this could be your lucky day! We’re looking for a Category Manager (Claims) to join our Procurement team.
You’ll be responsible for the design, implementation and subsequent management of Claims procurement activity that delivers value for money, minimises risk and aligns with best in class procurement strategies. You’ll need to apply your expertise of the market and procurement across the claims categories, with special emphasis on value, performance and delivery.
Essential to the role:
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, develop and execute an ongoing strategic sourcing plan across all claims spend and revenue areas
- Take ownership of end-to-end procurement projects - managing stakeholder expectations and ensuring timely execution of sourcing activities in line with pre-agreed project plans
- Set clear goals for cost savings, increasing claims supplier revenues, value creation and supplier performance in alignment with business strategy whilst ensuring continuity and robustness of service
- Use category expertise and market analysis to establish and maintain a category strategy in agreement with key stakeholders
- Utilise deep understanding of industry, supplier dynamics and market trends to determine sources of leverage
- Identify, manage and mitigate commercial risks and issues to support the delivery for a robust and effective procurement service
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, stakeholders and the wider business areas to understand needs and requirements and ensure the provision of effective advice and services
- Structure and lead commercial negotiations to ensure value for money is constantly achieved with the most appropriate supplier partners
- MCIPS qualification or equivalent desirable
- A demonstrable background in claims procurement and/or category management within a complex environment
- Experienced in the formulisation and implementation of category strategies including supplier assessment and due diligence, and ongoing management
- Experienced in negotiating critical contracts while minimising business risk and maximising commercial benefit through scale and relationships
- Demonstrable experience of both stakeholder and people management
- A solid understanding of other indirect procurement categories desirable
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
We have employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle, including a company pension scheme, group life assurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, professional subscription fees, the opportunity to buy additional holiday, health cash plan, help with travel expenses and the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work.
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, please apply now!
Apply for this job