We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you a talented Administrator looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you!
We're looking for an HR Assistant to join our People Team in our office in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or Salford Quays, Manchester.
The HR Assistant is responsible for the provision of accurate and efficient support and administrative services to the HR team. The role also entails supporting the HR Team in the smooth running of various HR activities whilst assisting across multiple sites to provide thorough HR support to the Group.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to:
- Have strong administration experience, preferably in a HR environment
- Have excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation
- Have strong attention to detail
- Offer an excellent service to employees of all levels within the business by being a point of contact for HR related queries, representing the company in a professional manner at all times
- Assist the HR team with general queries and first line policy advice in the shared HR service platform - review and ensure a timely response is provided
- Assist in maintaining the HR system and databases ensuring they are kept up to date, accurate and comply with relevant legislation. Input changes to employee records.
- Assist with onboarding process in line with relevant legislation including updating reports and information
- Assist with the HR processes by supporting the team maintaining records and chasing colleagues when required
- Assisting the team with aspects of HR administration including new starters and leaver process
- Support in creating and amending HR letters and contracts;
- Ensure all employment and financial references are completed upon request for colleagues in a timely manner
- Supporting and reviewing and maintaining records e.g. absence, exit interviews eligibility, holiday, probations, eLearning etc
- Supporting the team with ad-hoc projects
- Support in ensuring that correct data is held in line with company record retention guidelines
- Ad-hoc reports and tasks as required to support other teams with People team
Job Specific Competencies:
Experience & knowledge
- Strong administration experience, preferably in a HR environment
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications at high levels
- Understanding of the insurance industry is desirable
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) is desirable
- Basic understanding of HR Administration
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent software skills including Word and Excel to advanced level
- Ablity to prioritise and work in a fast paced and dynamic environment effectively
- A confidential and professional approach is essential and can demonstrate integrity and respect
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to use own initiative
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- The ability to work as part of the team
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company values
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.