We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you a talented Administrator looking for a career into HR? If so, you may be the person we’re looking for to join our People team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
You’ll be responsible for the provision of accurate and efficient support and administrative services to the HR team. As part of this role, you’ll ensure the smooth running of system support within the HR team, as well as provide comprehensive HR support to employees across multiple sites.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Strong administration experience, HR experience is desirable
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skills and ability to work to tight schedules
- Experience using Workday will be an advantage but not essential
- Offer an excellent service to employees of all levels within the business by being the first point of contact for HR related queries, representing the company in a professional manner
- Maintain the HR Inbox and review, ensuring a timely response is provided
- Support the HR team in coordinating Employee Relations (ER) cases, responding to first line queries and providing support with other ad-hoc duties such as notetaking and exit interviews
- Assist in maintaining the HR system and databases, ensuring they’re kept up to date, accurate and comply with relevant legislation
- Input changes to employee records
- Collate and deliver data relating to all areas of HR to support HR Management team
- Raise and process purchase orders for team members as required, ensuring invoices are approved and are processed for payment
- Manage the retrospective screening process on current employees, liaising with employees and line managers to obtain documents, ensuring they’re verified and loaded on the system, checking reports and logging any issues encountered
- Carry out Right to Work checks, create ECS applications and help with Visa queries
- Keep the HR system up to date and liaise with employees to obtain new visas and permit proof logged, producing documents and reports for employees’ applications with the Home Office
- Manage the appraisal return process by supporting and advising managers to ensure timely return of appraisals and maintain records and database of all employee annual appraisals
- Continually liaise with payroll to ensure monthly salary payments are correct including all absences, new starters are set up correctly and final salary payments for leavers
- Manage all aspects of HR administration including new starter and leaver process in accordance with the requirements of the business and in line with data protection and employment legislation, raising any issues with IT
- Generate letters for employee changes, for example flexible working, change of hours, line management, salary increases and probations etc
Skills, knowledge & experience
- CIPD Level 3 Desirable
- Strong Administration experience
- Experience using HR systems is desirable
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications at high levels
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent software skills including Word and Excel to advanced level
- Basic understanding of Employment Law
- A confidential and professional approach is essential and can demonstrate integrity and respect
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .