We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Data & Analytics Business Management Lead to join our Technology and Data teams in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex, Salford Quays, Manchester, or our offices in Guernsey.
Reporting to the Director of Data & Analytics and part of the Data Analytics Team you will be involved in the design and implementation of effective business management practices for the Data and Analytics function at First Central Group that will enable the data function to be considered “best in class” in the Insurance industry, covering people, culture, budgetary management, continual improvement, performance management, risk management & mitigation, and effective demand & resource management.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Possess strong leadership skills and enjoy creating a culture of high performing teams.
- Will be experienced in implementing product management and agile working practices (such as Scrum or Kanban) in a data environment.
- Have significant experience in data disciplines across Business Intelligence, data operations and data Project delivery.
- Will have experience and understanding of continual improvement methods such as LEAN, with evidence of having applied those methods to data practices.
- Design, develop and implement strategies and practices that enable the Data and Analytics function to deliver exceptional services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the Data and Analytics function operates understands its risks and issues and has effective mitigation plans and roadmaps in place to address any shortfalls, including leading the charge on any audit issue remediation.
- Create and embed a culture of continual improvement, proactively identifying and executing on opportunities to drive notable improvement in the quality, timeliness and reliability of data and analytics products and services.
- Design, implement and embed effective demand management and resource allocation processes that ensure flexible, responsive delivery solutions are provided to the entire business, creating transparency of capacity, work underway and future pipeline.
- Orchestrate the creation of the overall Data and Analytics Vision and Roadmap, that determines how the Data and Analytics Strategy will be implemented into FCG, including departmental KPIs and Initiatives.
- Lead the adoption of new ways of working, based on agile practices, providing coaching, mentoring and practical support, to enable teams and colleagues to deliver better value, more quickly, whilst maintaining appropriate controls.
- Be responsible for implementing the people and cultural practices that enable colleagues to feel motivated, inspired, and effective, resulting in high levels of colleague satisfaction.
- Drive the performance management of the Data and Analytics function at a team and individual level, ensuring effective objectives, career paths, talent management, and training strategies and plans, are all in place.
- Develop and embed an environment of psychological safety in the Data and Analytics function, empowering colleagues at all levels to have appropriate autonomy to deliver data outcomes.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the effective management and service optimisation with the Data and Analytics function 3rd party partners, ensuring successful contractual and relationship outcomes are achieved.
- Actively manages and co-ordinates the budgeting process in conjunction with the Finance Business Partner.
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Experience & knowledge
- Strong leadership experience in creating a culture of high performing teams
- Great at building strong, effective relationships with people from different disciplines.
- Significant experience in data disciplines across Business Intelligence, data operations and data Project delivery.
- Experience and understanding of continual improvement methods such as LEAN, with evidence of having applied those methods to data practices.
- Experience of implementing product management and agile working practices (such as Scrum or Kanban) in a data environment.
- Experience of identifying and implementing appropriate mitigation strategies for data related risks and issues.
- Experience of developing engagement strategies and roadmaps with 3rd party partners.
- Notable experience of implementing measurement and improvement of data products and services.
- Knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance and associated data structures
- Keen and active interest in the use of data in the wider industry, with practical knowledge and networks
Skills & Qualifications
- A passion for people and creating environments that enable others to flourish.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Resilient and comfortable prioritising in demanding situations.
- Highly trustworthy and able to operate with integrity and discretion at all times.
- Energetic, proactive problem solver, who motivates others by their “can do, will do” attitude.
- High levels of emotional intelligence.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Able to operate with minimal brief, and a fast-moving set of changing priorities.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .