We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Want to be part of this new and exciting data operations function, that’s really going places?
With an evolving, everchanging business model, this role will be pivotal in collaborating with Data Analysts, Data Scientists and other Data Consumers to gather and populate data warehouse table structure to support optimising the reporting function.
You’ll be responsible for the day to day delivery and long-term strategy of the teams ensuring strategic change, and BAU change is delivered on time and cost, engaging with Development, Architecture, Data Change, IT Ops, Business teams and senior stakeholders.
Leading in the areas of solution design, code development, quality assurance, data modelling, business intelligence, cross-team communication, project management and application maintenance, you’ll have a real opportunity to make a difference and further enhance your skills.
- Support the Business and Data Analysts to design, develop and maintain data pipelines, data governance compliance, procedures and tooling to support data warehousing
- Define and promote the department’s best practices and design principles for data warehousing techniques and architecture
- Assist in the development of business intelligence, business data standards and processes
- Guide the business in identifying any new data needs and deliver mechanisms for acquiring and reporting such information as well as addressing the actual needs
- Create and support the ETL in order to facilitate the accommodation of data into the warehouse
- Design and develop systems for the maintenance of the business’s data warehouse, ETL processes and business intelligence
- Analyse all data from sources and develop logical models for various business intelligence sources
- Monitor all data integrity performance and adopt appropriate tools
- Coordinate with analytical team and collect all technical requirements
- Participate in designing system data models, data integrations and automated data management solutions
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Solid experience/understanding of all elements of data engineering (extract/transform/load)
- Business Intelligence experience with proven data warehousing, data management and analytics skills
- Demonstrable experience of delivering highly scalable data platforms
- Experience gathering requirements and understanding the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Strong experience in SQ
- Experience working with SQL server integration services or any similar ETL tools
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of dimensional modelling as well as other data warehousing techniques
- Extensively familiar with ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load), data warehousing and business intelligence tools
- Strong understanding of data system architectures including storage, compute (including analytics and machine learning)
- Proven time management and organisation skills (must be able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines)
- Insurance products, insurance distribution channels, claims handling, technology, data
- sources and databases and the wider motor insurance industry
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Calm under pressure
- Organised and pro-active
- Takes initiative to make decisions
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .