We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Developer to join our Technology team in Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or our offices in Guernsey.
Contributing to the development and support of the group’s core application portfolio, you’ll provide technical expertise in a structured yet agile approach to developing the group’s core software applications.
You’ll have great understanding of a service-based approach to technology, including component, service-oriented and event-driven architectures and to be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
Extensive knowledge of and experience of Microsoft .net development
Understanding of Development and Development Management techniques
Knowledge of a structured yet agile approach to development
- Develop technical capabilities to forward the Group Core Applications as directed by the Development Manager
- Provide technical expertise into the Service Delivery Function that supports the Group Core Applications
- Support relationships with the other areas of IT to ensure that the development team works in harmony with the other change and IT functions
- Work with the Chief Architect to ensure Solutions support the architectural direction of First Central
- Work to the agreed prioritisation of requirements for development and to the agreed delivery dates against these requirements by understanding the business priorities, the technical capability and the strategies of both the business and technology
- Design and produce any necessary supporting documentation to enable IT to manage new components/processes
- Identify and feedback any potential improvements to the organisation’s technology architecture
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Good experience of enterprise service-oriented development
- Understanding of Development and Development Management techniques
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of Microsoft .net development
- Complete understanding of a service-based approach to technology, including component, service oriented and event driven architectures
- Knowledge of a structured yet agile approach to development
- Expertise in .net development including popular frameworks
- Leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
We’ve received some great feedback from employees on Glassdoor. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews for yourself!
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .