We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking for your next career challenge? Interested in working at a fast-growing, innovative, market-leading digital insurance company? If so, we need you!
We have an exciting opportunity to work within the technical services team as a field services technician in Hayward's Heath, Sussex.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for:
- Good understanding of technologies such as SCCM and Intune.
- Knowledge and experience of deploying and maintain hardware builds and applications with Microsoft Endpoint Manager and when required ‘handover’ hardware to new colleagues
- Background in maintaining end user hardware on site, including laptops, desktops, mobile phones and meeting room technology.
- Experience in escalation point for 1stline / helpdesk team.
- Good experience of enterprise software and application support and delivery
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) - Preferred
- Experienced in a technical support environment
To provide a single point of contact and delivery for all staff in relation to IT issues and incidents. To provide exceptional standards of support to all customers and support a variety of products, services and platforms. This will be achieved by acting in both a proactive and reactive manner and ensuring that all SLAs are adhered to. Resolutions should be provided in an effective and timely manner.
• Proactively deliver and maintain the desktop, telephony and application infrastructure so that it is supported, and failures minimised • Act as a central point of contact for the Key stakeholders for each location • Log, analyse, triage and prioritise all IT Incidents, Problems and Changes received via all communication channels into the team • Ensure that systems/ applications / services in own area run and meet business Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets • Analyse Incident, Problem and Change data to identify the underlying causes and propose resolutions via Service Improvement Plans • Ensure that the team processes and procedures are kept up-to-date and followed by team members • Assist with covering the supported hours via the desk and phone • Troubleshoot and manage the configuration of the existing technical capabilities to ensure that business requirements are met • Manage, support and co-ordinate on post release critical issues through to successful resolution, working with all parties concerned, including communication to key stakeholders • Provide software support by resolving business users queries in their daily use of any supported software • Produce any necessary supporting documentation to enable technicians, developers and suppliers to develop extensions to existing or new technical capability • To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times • Work with Business Change department to assist in the delivery of Projects/Change e.g. documentation, training, test scenarios, technical analysis • Manage or support out of hours software upgrades/implementations and testing in conjunction with Business Change, Technology and other stakeholders • Support and co-ordinate on post release critical issues through to successful resolution, working with all parties concerned, including communication to key stakeholders • To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times (including (TCF) • Proactively identify and track risk and issues using the documented processes
• In addition to normal working hours Monday-Friday, staff performing this role are expected to occasionally work anti-social hours for specific project tasks and support other teams within Technical services, this may include covering the phones • Record and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible • Provide second-line investigation and diagnosis of all incidents and service requests • Verify resolution with users and resolve incidents in the Atlas ITSM tool • Escalate incidents at risk of breaching SLA to Applications Support team leader • The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed within this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and tasks. Other similar or additional duties are to be performed or assigned
Job Specific Competencies:
Qualifications / Experience
• ITIL Foundation V3 • Good experience of enterprise software and application support and delivery • MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) desirable • Telephony – Mitel or Avaya experience desirable
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written Good technical skills • People management skills • Good time management and organisation skills • Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems • Excellent technical skills • SCCM software deployment skills and awareness • User administration • Configure and install of desktop and laptop hardware. • Solid knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
• Good understanding of First Central’s applications (or equivalent system externally) in one or all of the following:- o ICE (Insurance Claims system) o FOCUS (Insurance Policy System) o Microsoft Dynamics (CRM System) o AIA (Document generation) o SharePoint (Collaboration Toolkit) • Knowledge of service desk / issue logging tools • Knowledge of latest MS Office suite • Knowledge of MS Windows server • Knowledge of Service Management Techniques (ITIL) • Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) • Knowledge of web platforms / web applications
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic • An organised and pro-active approach • Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team • A flexible approach and positive attitude • Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy • Takes initiative to make decisions • Takes ownership & responsibility of issues • Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business • Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .