We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for 2 talented Senior Business Intelligence Analyst’s to join our Technology and Data team in either Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, Guernsey or based remotely with occasional travel to our offices
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for supporting the visualisation development function within the First Central Group, dealing with senior stakeholders, and supporting consultancy in the wider business. You will help to build, maintain, and evolve an innovative, fit-for-purpose data visualisation development service to cover core business information, ensuring that dashboards, reports and data extracts are designed and developed to meet the Business’ requirements and expectations, enabling real value to be driven from our data.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have worked within an Agile environment.
- Possess expert data reporting and visualisation skills using Power BI with strong SQL querying and DAX skills.
- Will have worked within large data sets in an enterprise environment.
- Actively contribute to building a best-in-class Visualisation function, with responsibility for developing new dashboards, reports and data extracts to support Business decision making and monitoring.
- Own projects from end to end and delivering best in class visualisations to stakeholders.
- Support the Visualisation Lead in rolling out enterprise reporting standards and report kitemarking process.
- Support and mentor more junior members of the team in report development and best practices.
- Support the design and implementation of key processes, standards, and approaches to developing new data visualisation products.
- Drive the continuous improvement of visualisation services delivered to the Business.
- Ensure that new and changes to existing visualisation products are in line with Business needs.
- Maintain and deliver reconciled, consistent, and timely dashboards, reports and extracts on datasets including policy, claims, financial, quotation data and other data sets as requested by the business.
- Actively liaise with Product Owners and business change representatives to ensure data products and management information meets business expectations and that it is timely, accurate, comprehensive, and reliable.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Strong background in BI and Data Visualisation/Analytics is required.
- Good experience of developing, maintaining, and administering Power BI environments and products.
- Intermediate experience of stakeholder management, data consultancy and working in an agile environment.
- Intermediate programming experience is desired, particularly SQL and strong experience of visualisation development using the PowerBI suite of products.
- Some experience of reporting data structures and design.
- Good Power BI development skills.
- Intermediate SQL programming skills and excellent visualisation development and analysis skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Problem solving skills, especially the ability to develop efficient solutions to BI problems.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good understanding or experience of Agile Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience using Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of data structures and operational data sources.
- An understanding of the business objectives and operations.
- Understanding of the metrics used to analyse motor insurance.
- Good knowledge of the latest Power BI, and SQL developments.
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF).
- An organised and pro-active approach.
- Takes initiative to make decisions.
- Logical thinker with solid reasoning ability.
- Stake holder management.
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values.
- Ability to take ownership for specific tasks.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude.
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.