We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Have you just graduated? Fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? If so, this could be your lucky day! We have a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Pricing Innovation Analyst to join the talented data gurus in our Pricing Innovation team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
We’ll teach you all you need to know about the motor insurance market and the relevant standards and regulations we adhere to. You’ll learn the standard tools used in the Underwriting department, from SAS to RADAR to Python (and lots more). Acquiring analysis techniques used in the industry, you’ll build your knowledge in GLM, decision trees, GBM, Random forests and Neural Networks.
Building and analysing predictive burn cost models using linear and non-linear statistical techniques, you’ll solve key company questions and provide analysis, insight and competitive advantage to the First Central Group, by producing analysis and reports that maximise customer satisfaction and the probability of the company.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
Have a minimum 2:1 in a numerical undergraduate discipline
Understand and have experience of statistical methods and techniques
Have experience of a programming language
- Learn all relevant tools and techniques
- Production of business analysis reports
- Ad-hoc project work providing analysis to the Underwriting function and group
- Maintain analysis programs written in SAS, RADAR and other software packages
- Write new analysis code using SAS, RADAR and other software packages
- Build predictive models using SAS, EMBLEM and other software packages
- Present findings and results in a clear and logical manner, producing written reports
- Positive manner with the ability to communicate well with all colleagues and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Strong IT skills (including Excel and ideally programming skills)
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Minimum 2:1 in a numerical undergraduate discipline
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Broad knowledge of statistical methods and techniques
- Good knowledge of motor insurance products and the motor insurance industry after appropriate training
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Fantastic training and development opportunities
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
A health cash plan
Help with travel expenses
The opportunity to buy additional holiday
Company pension scheme
Group life assurance
Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Are you the graduate we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .