We’re on the hunt for a talented Expense Analyst
to join our Finance team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex. You’ll play a pivotal role in the development of the financial 5-year plan, annual budget and reforecasts from a non-indemnity expense perspective.
Owning the monthly process for reviewing and analysing non-indemnity expenses across the Group, you’ll pull together the narrative for management and Board packs. In addition, you’ll support the cost management agenda, by providing insightful analysis to their stakeholders to facilitate challenge of performance and identify areas of improvement.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
Strategic and Commercial Acumen:
- Have previous experience in a Financial Analyst, Cost Accountant, Assistant Accountant role or similar and in an operational or transactional accounting or accounts payable department (would be an advantage)
- Be preferably studying early stages of CIMA or ACCA
- Have basic modelling experience (would be an advantage)
- Understand business strategy and provide highly relevant insight into business performance
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of the cost base and cost key business performance drivers (KPIs)
Planning and Forecasting:
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across Finance and the wider business, particularly the Business Partner and Financial Accounts team
- Support the Lead Expense Analyst in maintaining the integrity of cost forecasting input schedules and identify areas of improvements to offer a seamless process for users
- Provide analytical support in the production of cost forecast outputs including, succinct review files, standardised Business Partner outputs, insightful ExCo and Board pack outputs, relevant and insightful cost KPIs
- Provide support in the collation of capital expenditure forecast against agreed deadlines/timetable
- Support identifying and tracking of cost Risks & Opportunities (R&Os) between forecasting cycles
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Support the Lead Expense Analyst in the end to end review, close and analysis of expenses at month end, working to deadlines set by the Management Reporting team
- Actively maintain central expense analysis tools used across Finance and activity seek to make iterative improvements
- Produce insightful expense outputs and a clear narrative for inclusion in ExCo and Board papers
What can we do for you?
- Qualified or studying early stages of CIMA or ACCA
- Experience in operational/transactional accounting in particular accounts payable is an advantage
- Basic modelling experiences an advantage
- Experience of planning and forecasting cycles is an advantage
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Good numeracy, data manipulation and interpretation skills
- Computer literate, including intermediate to expert level Excel skills
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Interested? Apply today and take the next step in finding your dream job.
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look
at our Glassdoor reviews.