Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Want to set your Legal career on the right path while gaining insight and experience in a commercial, corporate, transactional and insurance industry? Well look no further and come join our Legal and Governance teams as a Legal and Company Secretary Graduate in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
Supporting the Legal team, you’ll interact with stakeholders across the business from Board members and the Executive, and throughout all pillars. You’ll provide day-to-day support on a range of matters, including contractual review, advisory work, project support and large transactions. You’ll get involved in everything from working with lawyers and team members, being pro-active with register management and research and drafting from templates, to diary management, critical administration and reporting processes.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Hold a Degree Qualification (minimum 2:1)
- Have demonstrable interest in Law and Governance
- Act with discretion and understand the importance of confidentiality
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Management of Legal Inbox
- Updating of trackers and matters register (and other registers required for risk and compliance purposes)
- Data collection with input, metrics and presentation of data
- Undertake legal research and general research and presenting your findings
- Provided relevant support to the team - producing papers, decks and slides
- Management of learning session materials and stakeholder engagement within team
- Liaison with other teams and stakeholder management, including continuous dialogue on ongoing matters with the procurement team
- Management of execution process for contracts, involving checking of documents, liaison with Directors and Senior Stakeholders, management of database and filing
- Assist with legal matters and transactions
- Gain an understanding in a commercial, ethics and professionalism in a legal context
What can we do for you?
- Degree Qualification (minimum 2:1)
- A minimum of three A-levels
- Demonstrable interest in Law and Governance
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Able to act with discretion and understand the importance of confidentiality
- Competence with Office products including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- An organised and proactive approach, who’s self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to drive business improvements and contribute to the success of the business
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page
to see what our employees think about working here.