Have you got what it takes to develop and embed risk and controls tolerance? Can you manage risks pertaining to the company’s business? If so, read on … We’re looking for a Head of Risk, who can define and deliver the groups risk framework across all areas of the business. You’ll join our Governance, Risk and Compliance team in either Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or our offices in Guernsey.
Ensuring risks are identified, assessed, monitored and reported across the Group of companies in accordance with the Group Risk Policy and Group Risk Framework, you’ll establish and quantify the Group Risk Appetite and ensure its application. Working with and assisting the Risk and Compliance Director with the day-to-day management of the Group Risk function, you’ll develop and maintain suitable Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Control Indicators (KCIs), regularly reviewing risk controls for suitability and effectiveness raise awareness.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- demonstrable Risk Management experience
- experience with the development, production, or review of the ORSA or FLAOR, or other solvency process management
- up-to-date knowledge of trends in the insurance industry relevant to Risk Management and Corporate Governance requirements
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Ensure that the Company’s business model is combined with best practise enterprise risk management
- Provide specialist Risk Management guidance leading to the identification and assessment of risks and risk controls across the business, required to meet strategic goals.
- To support the Risk & Compliance Director in relation to issues and risks associated with Solvency and the ORSA process.
- Constructively challenge management’s assessment of the effectiveness of Controls, and the evidence provided to support their assessment.
- To perform analysis of Risks and Controls, identifying trends, threats and opportunities.
- To lead training, consultation and engagement with management on risk awareness and management across the Group.
- Responsible for ensuing Group companies and relevant operational departments embed Risk Management within business processes and ensure they are appropriately owned and controlled.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of effective Risk Management throughout Group companies.
- Support Risk & Compliance Director in consulting with the Board on the overall risk strategy and define risk tolerance and risk appetite
- Monitoring Board approved Risk Appetite and ensuring that tolerances are adhered to by management.
- Regular review of the Risk Management Programmes to ensure adherence to the Risk Framework.
- Co-ordinating the provision from management of quarterly Key Risk Indicators and drafting a quarterly reporting pack prior to submission to Group companies Audit & Risk Committees, as applicable.
What can we do for you?
- Educated to degree level
- Solid understanding of FCA rules, regulations, principles and codes of practice
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends in the insurance industry relevant to Risk Management and Corporate Governance requirements
- Direct experience in the Solvency processes for insurance and expert knowledge of Solvency II
- Strong project management experience
- Experienced in building relationships with senior management
- Influencing and networking with senior people to achieve consensus and collaboration
- Evidence of proven career track record and consistent record of achievement
- Demonstratable experience of taking decisions up to the maximum level of their authority, balancing short and long term needs
- Logical and systematic approach to analysis of symptoms and causes, identifying key issues, underlying trends and interrelationships
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Interested? Apply today and take the next step in finding your dream job.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page
to see what our employees think about working here.