We’re a fast-growing digital insurance and technology company going through an exciting phase of growth, looking at new technologies, transition of data services and transformation.
Are you looking for your next career challenge? Interested in working with a fast-growing, innovative, market-leading digital insurance company? Well look no further! We need a Business Architect Contractor to work with our Architecture team in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or Salford Quays, Manchester.
The Business Architect works with the Head of Architecture to support the enablement of Organisational Change for programmes of significant scope. In this particular case, the Business Architect will be supporting a change programme responsible for growing First Central’s product portfolio within home insurance, as well as assisting in the facilitation of Business and Operating Model Design and actively participating in EA Governance and Programme Support.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Ideally experience in the motor insurance industry
- Knowledge of documenting complex business models
- History of enabling Business Change success
- Enablement of Organisational Change and Investment
- Provide internal management consultancy services to business leaders, business units and lines of business, helping them with design thinking, business modeling, ecosystem modeling, innovation management, technology investment analysis and operating model design
- Work with business and technology executives to help describe and understand their business and operating models by making the business model clear and explicit
- Create story building blocks by asking and answering key business and operating model questions, breaking down outcomes to units of change
- Collaborate with agile teams to ensure continuous delivery of business value, as well as to leverage shared technologies, tools, value streams and processes that impact speed to value and time to market
- Consult with technical subject matter experts to develop technical solutions, advising on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities
Facilitation of Business and Operating Model Design
- Facilitate development of business solutions that combine knowledge of business capabilities, value streams and business processes
- Develop ecosystem and business capability models, value stream and customer journey maps and other critical and relevant business architecture deliverables to guide agile teams in developing their minimum marketable and minimum viable products, value propositions and drive business outcomes
- Seek ways to drive adoption of new technology and reuse existing technology for enabling business capabilities, value streams and business processes
Actively participate in EA Governance
- Participate in the EA governance and assurance process to identify business, information, solutions, technical and security architecture issues at the front end of the project life cycle, and with product managers and product owners at the different stages of the Agile and product lifecycle
- Participate in development and application of principles, standards and minimal viable architectures through the EA governance model, informed by the business strategy and corporate governance
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Collaborate with Technology and Business Unit teams to remain apprised of project and product status, communicates progress and risk outwardly
- Use actionable and diagnostic deliverables to help business and technology leaders make informed investment decisions
- Construct deliverables that demonstrate how to move the business toward realising its strategic goals and targeted business outcomes
- Extensive experience in Business Architecture, ideally demonstrated within the insurance industry. Experience in motor insurance industry would be ideal
- knowledge of documenting complex business models and a history of enabling Business Change success
- Experience in building Architectural capability models, value streams, roadmaps and other frameworks to support the identification and prioritisation of change opportunity
- Understanding of regulation and legislation applying to Insurance and Financial Services companies
- Active participation in governance boards (both Programme and Technical)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a history of working closely with senior stakeholders
- Certification in relevant frameworks (e.g. TOGAF)
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.