We’re a fast-growing digital insurance and technology company going through an exciting phase of growth, looking at new technologies, transition of data services and transformation. Are you looking for your next career challenge? Interested in working at a fast-growing, innovative, market-leading digital insurance company? Well look no further! We need a Data Analytics Engineer to join our Architecture team in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or Salford Quays, Manchester.
You’ll design, create and maintain reports, visualisations and dashboards that enable better use and wider consumption of First Central’s data. The Data Analytics Engineer will work with the Head of Data Engineering, Business Services and Technical Products to help develop business requirements and specify and develop reporting solutions with a focus on cloud data technologies.
The Data Analytics Engineer is responsible for understanding the Business’ requirement so that the appropriate solution can be de designed and delivered. They are responsible for articulating and documenting that requirement and developing reporting solutions that meet those requirements.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- A positive attitude and take accountability as well as own the data function
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Technical- strong Power BI, MS Stack, SQL, SAS, (Cloud Azure)
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Work with other members of the Data Engineering team to assist in the definition and development of processes and business intelligence solutions that provide secure and efficient data reporting, visualisation and analytics.
- Develop solutions that connect to a variety of on- and off- premise data sources, ensuring data is optimised to meet requirements for business and technical use cases.
- Present information for business and technical users through engaging and interactive reports and visualisations.
- Apply business and logic rules to derive new measures, new dimensions and aggregated values.
- Design, build and deploy reporting tools.
- Secure and publish reports and dashboards for use via desktop, web and mobile.
- Generate and schedule data refresh processes to ensure information is up to date.
- Support relationships with the other areas of FCG to ensure that requirements can be developed.
- Ensure solutions support the architectural direction of FCG technology and use approved technical components.
- Provide analytical skills into understanding and communicating design specifications to facilitate technical development including the creation of both high-level and detailed design documentation and impact estimation.
- Fulfil the role of a subject matter expert in data reporting best practice and implement those practices.
- Work to the agreed prioritisation of requirements for development and to the agreed delivery dates against these requirements.
- Assist in the identification of root causes and fixes for major incidents where required
- Maintain accurate timesheet reporting on activities undertaken
- A Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degree is desirable
- A background in data modelling, analysis and reporting
- Microsoft Certified Data Analyst qualification
- Azure Certification is desirable
- Experience of data analysis and reporting in a Microsoft Power BI environment
- Data analysis and reporting with the SAS Enterprise suite of products
- Experience of working with large data sets in an enterprise environment
- Working with business and technical users to understand, document and agree requirements
- Dimensional model design and implementation
- Experience in Microsoft data components including
- Azure Analysis Services
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse (Synapse Analytics)
- Tools and techniques for ensuring data quality, security, validation and recovery
- Experience of testing tools and performance monitoring is desirable
- Understanding of the retail Insurance business is desirable
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Data exploration, cleansing and preparation
- Expert data reporting and visualisation using Power BI with query and DAX skills
- Strong data modelling skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Identification and management of risk
- Ability to create and maintain sets of reference architecture documentation
What can we do for you?
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing principles is desirable, analysis, design and modelling techniques
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page
to see what our employees think about working here.