We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Database Administrator (DBA) to join our Technology team in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex, Salford Quays, Manchester, or Guernsey.
As Database Administrator (DBA) you’ll be responsible for managing and providing support to all aspects of our database infrastructure. As part of the Data as a Service (DaaS) team, you’ll work closely with colleagues to design, build and manage our data solutions.
Your responsibilities involve working with millions of records and analysing business needs. You’ll be delivering fresh and fast performing intelligent data to business users, mostly utilising MS-SQL.
Within this role you’ll also utilise the likes of Enterprise and Standard editions, with further exposure to Azure and many of the “best of breed” software like Quest Spotlight and Redgate tools.
We’re looking for outstanding individuals who’ll push the boundaries and develop brilliant solutions to contribute and help shape our future. We expect candidates to have energy and passion to deliver, using a whole range of technologies and have a solid understanding of data principles. We also expect candidates to take ownership and lead projects where required.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Highly proficient with MS-SQL and T-SQL tools
- Highly proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or above
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server Integration services (SSIS)
- Strong knowledge and experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Strong knowledge and experience implementing and managing backup and recovery processes
- Experience implementing and managing coding standards, security and auditing procedures
- Experience implementing and managing monitoring and alerting processes to maintain the health of the estate
- Conduct root cause analysis, database performance monitoring and capacity planning
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements
- Ability to work towards strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient optimising and diagnosing SQL code
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and coordinating skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience in a DBA or similar comparable role and MCSE: Data Platform or equivalent
What can we do for you?
- Experience with tools such as Quest Spotlight, IDERA, SQL Sentry and RedGate SQL toolbelt
- Experience working with Azure data solutions, and AlwaysOn high availability, mirroring and replication
- Data warehousing knowledge and experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Server and storage management knowledge and experience
- RAID configuration and Networking Knowledge
- Data governance and Table partitioning
- Experience working with XML data and Table partitioning
- Experience working within an agile development environment
- Quality first mind-set when building solutions using techniques such as TDD, BDD or Agile
- Experience with administration and management of data solutions
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence
- Team foundation Server (TFS)
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look
at our Glassdoor reviews.