We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our Technology Services team in Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or Guernsey.
You’ll support the infrastructure function in delivering business objectives and implementation of delivering IT Services to meet business and platform needs and growth targets. Maintaining and proactively monitoring the environment, you’ll ensure any unplanned downtime for the business is minimised.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have demonstrated experience in at least three of the core technology areas: Network, Server, Security and Telephony, including their configuration
- Have an in-depth understanding, experience and working knowledge of the build, configuration and support of Microsoft technologies, SharePoint, PC, server and network systems (CISCO Switches & Servers, Firewalls), anti-virus packages, Virtualisation (VMWare and/or Hyper-V)
- Have a good understanding of IT best practice such as ITIL and or SDI, together with Availability and Capacity Management
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Support and delivery of a resilient infrastructure that supports the business needs across all jurisdictions and platforms
- Work within agreed processes to deliver the business plan in line with IT policies
- Ensure the provision of appropriate security systems and policies are in place and work to agreed KPIs and SLAs
- Support the planning, development, documentation, implementation and testing of the corporate Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes and procedures
- Assist in the development of a schedule of planned infrastructure replacement to support business needs
- Responsible for ensuring all system and procedural documentation is accurate, effective and up to date, and assist in software auditing ensuring compliance
- Provide support to all other departmental staff and ensure delivery of requested services
- Identify and feedback any potential improvements to the IT systems and infrastructure
- Liaise with suppliers and contribute to building the company’s relationship with them
- Support and engage in the design, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of the network, server, voice and desktop infrastructures
- Provide regular updates and reports on workloads, planned or unplanned outages, system improvements and any other IT-related issues that may affect business operation
What can we do for you?
- Strong understanding of at least three of the following four core technology areas (Network, Server, Security & Telephony) including their configuration
- In-depth understanding, experience and working knowledge of the build, configuration and support of Microsoft technologies, SharePoint, PC, server and network systems (CISCO Switches & Servers, Firewalls), anti-virus packages, Virtualisation (VMWare and/or Hyper-V)
- In-depth understanding of Telephony systems
- Good understanding of IT best practice such as ITIL and/or SDI
- Good understanding of Availability Management and Capacity Management
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF)
- Experience in supplier management with a view to the successful support of third-party applications
- Ability to communicate with and inspire others, together with experience of compiling reports detailing activity and progress along with project plans to within accurate timescales
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects and explore new service or business possibilities
- Good understanding of project management and methodologies
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look
at our Glassdoor reviews.