Fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? If so, this could be your lucky day! We’re looking for a Data Operations Infrastructure Engineer Lead to join our Technology team in Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or our offices in Guernsey.
As the Data Operations Infrastructure Engineer Lead, you’ll Lead the IT Data Operations Infrastructure function in delivering the IT Support/Corporate Services business objectives and implementation of delivering IT Services to meet business infrastructure and platform needs and growth targets.
You’ll be responsible for maximising and ensuring the value of our technology estate, operating best practice processes to ensure they remain current, secure and fit for purpose, monitoring that SLAs and KPIs are met, while ensuring the business receives a high level of service and platforms remain operational.
You’ll also be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the health of the environment using tools and alerting systems, ensuring adequate server administration and supporting key applications, ultimately ensuring the stable operation and resilience of the organisation’s IT infrastructure.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Be experienced in Agile environment, with a data operations infrastructure role technical leadership background
- Have strong administration of Windows Domains and Windows Server technologies and Strong and Azure Cloud and Data Centres infrastructure
- Have a deep understanding and in-depth experience of cloud platforms and services; Microsoft Azure DevOps, ITIL, Azure Synapse, Databricks, PowerBI, Data Factory, HD Insights, Python Sparks
- Have a strong IT service background with good network and firewall knowledge and Information Security and IT security/Cyber controls
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Accountability and responsibility for the continued development and delivery of the IT Data Operations support delivery
- Lead the development, implementation and establishment of a technology lifecycle and continuous improvement/development (CI/CD) of applications and systems
- Accountability, responsibility and operation of a highly scalable, secure and available infrastructure platforms, ensuring that it can operate 24/7
- Lead the prioritisation, planning and execution by partnering and collaborating with the teams and resources across the business
- Drive and engage in the support and delivery of a resilient cloud infrastructure that supports the business needs across all jurisdictions and platforms
- Responsibility for Microsoft Azure DevOps, Azure Synapse, Databricks, PowerBI, Data Factory, HD Insights, Python Sparks deliver to business requirements
- Maintain knowledge of information governance standards for Cyber Security, legal and regulatory compliance and an understanding of its application in practice
- Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis, penetration testing remediation etc
- Support out of hours upgrades/implementations and testing in conjunction with Business Change, Technology and other stakeholders
- Lead the creation, maintenance, testing and execution of the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans
- Lead the planning, development, documentation, implementation and testing of the corporate Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes and procedures
- Lead in software auditing ensuring compliance
- Lead and ensure support to all other departmental staff and ensure delivery of requested services
- Liaise with suppliers and contribute to building the company’s relationship with them
- Significant experience in a data operations infrastructure role
- Experience in leading a team
- Deep experience/understanding of all elements of data engineering (extract/transform/load), visualisation, analytics and machine learning
- Designing, deploying, maintaining and developing data systems and controls
- Creating and implementing data policies and procedures
- Experience of data delivery with an IT Service and all elements of data management
- Demonstrable experience of delivering highly scalable data platforms
- Deep experience/understanding for CD/CI process
- Strong and detailed understanding of technology areas (Microsoft Azure DevOps, Azure Synapse, Databricks, PowerBI, Data Factory, HD Insights, Python Sparks, and have a strong IT service background
What can we do for you?
- In-depth understanding, experience and working knowledge of the build, configuration and support of Microsoft technologies, Virtualisation (VMWare and/or Hyper-V)
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Experience in Penetration and Vulnerability test remediation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, identifying root causes and offering solutions
- Good understanding of IT Best practice such as ITIL and/or SDI
- Good understanding of Availability Management and Capacity Management
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF)
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look
at our Glassdoor reviews.