Technical Business Manager or Technical Project Manager
We’re a fast-growing Digital Insurance and Technology Company. We’re going through an exciting phase of growth, looking at new technologies, transition of data services and transformation. Fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? If so, this could be your lucky day! We’re looking for a Technical Business Manager or Technical Project Manager to join our Technology team in either Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or our offices in Guernsey.
The role of Technical Business Partner (TBP) plays a crucial role in the successful delivery of technical change to the Group’s complex and broad enterprise. In a demanding B2B Customer facing role, the TBP is regarded as a trusted partner, with a firm understanding of the Customer objectives, bridging the gap between technology and business.
The TBP will work alongside Business Product Owners to give direction to the development teams. The Product owner will focus on the “Why” we are delivering the change whilst the TBP will focus more on the “What” and “When” The TBP will work alongside the Scrum Masters but will ultimately take responsibility for stakeholder engagement throughout the software development lifecycle.
You'll provide direction and a co-ordination function to multiple sprint teams, tracking risks and issues.
The TBP will work alongside other members of the Technical Products team contributing to an effective change process. The job holder is expected to manage relationships at all levels, ranging from technical through to c-level executives.
Whilst demanding, the job holder should extract huge satisfaction from their contribution to our dynamic and innovative business.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Stakeholder management is paramount to being successful in this role. A proactive individual who is a problem solver, facilitator and has experience of talking and responding to senior stake holders
- Technical background with experience in an insurance, finance or regulated environment is and the implementation of software to support it desirable
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile experience
- Leadership and stakeholder management is important as well as take ownership, and using your initiative
- Providing direction to the development teams and stakeholders throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Provide insight and guidance to Business Services to ensure the most efficient composition of Sprint content, working with the SM to ensure we are maximising the use of our development capacity.
- Work with the business to provide technical input into the shaping of product roadmaps
- Plan and prioritize non-customer sponsored product feature backlogs and development for the product.
- Manage expectations and communicate progress on development of changes requested and software deliveries to business services
- Maintain software change momentum and direction, delivering the agreed scope within the agreed timeframes and budgets
- Actively manage risks, issues and dependencies
- Plan and coordinate work with other internal departments to ensure internal resource requirements are understood and our resource demands are fully understood
- Attend Project Meetings / Sprint 0’s etc to act as a Technical point of contact and provide advice into existing platform capabilities and functionality
- Provide input into the shaping of requirements / solutions where appropriate
- Report progress to the Head of Technical Change Management and project boards
- Adhere to the Company values at all times and encourage others to demonstrate these
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times
- Good broad technical experience, working with Agile software development teams
- Strong planning and control expertise
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills
- Workshop and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate risks and issues at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent Supplier and Stakeholder Management skills
What can we do for you?
- Knowledge of Agile development approaches.
- Knowledge of Insurance business and its drivers
- Understanding of Team Foundation Server
- A working knowledge of the Focus platform and its underlying technical constituent parts
- Commercially focussed and results driven
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Acts as a role model and motivates others
- Embraces, embeds and incorporates the Company values
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Ability to lead and influence
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Able to balance an emphasis on attention to detail whilst retaining focus on broader needs
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Strives to deliver business improvement
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page
to see what our employees think about working here.