Fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? If so, this could be your lucky day! We’re looking for a Technical Operations IT Cyber Technical Specialist to join our Technology team in Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or our offices in Guernsey.
As a Technical Operations IT Cyber Technical Specialist, you will drive forward the technical delivery of the IT Cyber function and ensure the Company’s operational systems and platforms have highly available, resilient, scalable and perform ensuring Cyber security controls and technology are delivered in line with business requirements and to agreed service levels.
Involved in maximising the value of our Cyber technology estate, operating best practice processes to ensure they remain current, secure and fit for purpose.
You’ll support the day to day delivery and long term strategy of the IT Cyber team supporting the engaging with Development, Architecture, IT Ops, business teams, and senior stake holders. There will be responsibility to ensure our technology Cyber controls are 1st
class, ensuring technology our business and that remediation of any vulnerabilities, Pen tests, audits are resolved quickly and efficiently.
You’ll drive evolutionary change, coach and drive forward new behaviors, create a vision, build, develop the Cyber team in support with the Head of IT Customer Services and the IT Operations Director.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have a deep understanding of cloud platforms and services; Microsoft Azure/Office 365 Cyber controls, Azure security center, DLP, SIEMs, SOCs, Info Sec
- Maximise the value of our technology estate, operating best practice processes to ensure they remain current, secure, fit for purpose and ensure the Cyber team are well directed and motivated at all times
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Responsible for the continued development and delivery of the Technical arm of the Cyber Security function.
- Support the implementation an annual Cyber Security strategy in support with the IT Operations Director, Head of IT Customer services
- Support the implementation an annual Cyber Security strategy in support with the IT Operations Director, Head of Infrastructure and Info Sec which aligns to the wider IT strategy containing objectives, departmental initiatives and KPIs
- Support the design, implement, establish and manage a Cyber Security function
- Support the Design, build and operational management of a highly scalable, secure and available Cyber Security infrastructure platforms, ensuring secure systems and reporting can operate 24x7
- Support longer term strategic initiatives, improved SIEM, SOCs capabilities and frameworks and technology, best practices, standards, techniques and business deliveries that will apply throughout all the Technology and business teams to increase quality and efficiency.
- Support to identify, lead and implement appropriate action for the ongoing enhancement of Cyber Security management, including the identification of required resources to support action Responsible for Cyber Security reporting.
- Responsible to drive system and process improvements that will enhance Cyber Security, reporting and insight.
- Responsible to identify resolutions and solutions to Cyber Security management driving automation and efficiency in processes
- Lead the prioritization, planning and execution by partnering and collaborating with the teams and resources across the business.
- Identify and implement key technologies that will allow us to implement automations key for a Cyber Security team and function
What can we do for you?
- Excellent understanding of implementing Cyber Security
- Deep experience/understanding for CD/CI process.
- Significant experience working in a Cyber Security role with exposure to large complex data and root cause analysis
- Substantial experience able to demonstrate the ability to quickly analyse, interpret and present complex information, to enable effective communication which drives action
- Significant experience in using analysis tools and working with Azure, SIEMs, SOCs, and other vendors to produce reports and performance reports which inform priority and recommended action to enhance Cyber Security service delivery
- Substantial experience of Cyber / Info Sec analysis, and ability to draw conclusions to recommend improvement
- Substantial experience in delivery of Cyber Security
- Knowledge of information governance standards for Cyber Security and confidentiality and an understanding its application in practice
- Processes, tools and techniques used to deliver highly available, performance and scalable platforms and systems to distributed customer and user communities ensuring security is at the forefront.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based system architectures including storage, compute (including analytics & machine learning)
- Insurance products, insurance distribution channels, claims handling, technology, data sources and databases, and the wider motor insurance industry.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements specific to the Company and the functions under control.
- An understanding of Lean / Continuous Improvement tools, thinking and methodologies
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look
at our Glassdoor reviews.