We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re looking for Customer Claims Negotiators to join our brilliant Customer Claims team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
You’ll be proactively handling non-fault claims with a focus on sending claims allegations to fault third party insurers, requesting reimbursements of costs and instructing solicitors for litigation, within the FCA regulations, and legislative and policy guidelines.
Be part of First Central’s exciting growth plans, where you’ll have full training provided, excellent benefits and the potential of a fantastic career path.
- To proactively record, process and settle claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and to maintain files within our service standards
- To ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy and to be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
- To process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- To identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines
- Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
- Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers and all relevant third party representatives
- To adhere to and consider all regulatory requirements at all times, including TCF, DPA, AML and Anti Bribery principles, and ensure all direct reports are compliant
- To be compliant with health and safety policies at all times
- To ensure compliance with company standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Excellent customer service from financial services or a similar working environment
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people.
In return there is the opportunity to work for a growing ambitious firm who work collaboratively to achieve fantastic results. We also will be moving to a more flexible working environment post Covid which means potentially 40% off your working week could be from home.
Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Fantastic training and development opportunities
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
A health cash plan
Help with travel expenses
The opportunity to buy additional holiday
Company pension scheme
Group life assurance
Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .