We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We need 3x Fraud Investigator to join our Counter Fraud Services team in our Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex office!
After training we will offer flexible hybrid working to include 2 days in the office and 3 days from home.
Working as part of a growing, innovative team, you’ll be responsible for protecting the business and customers from the impact of fraud. You’ll be investigating a caseload of suspected fraudulent claims, ranging from Low Velocity Impacts to Staged and Contrived collisions.
- You will carry out thorough investigations and gather evidence on suspected fraudulent claims for personal injury, vehicle damage and credit hire
- You will conduct telephone interviews with customers as well as engaging external suppliers including accident investigators, motor engineers and panel solicitors
- Assessing evidence including intelligence, Police reports, medical records and engineering evidence to identify inconsistencies and determine the outcome of the claim
- Identifying cases of potential Fundamental Dishonesty, private prosecutions, or professional enabler involvement
- Provide advice and support to business areas with regard to potential fraud risks.
- To process payments on claims files as required and in accordance with authorities.
- To ensure claim files are reserved accurately and reserves amended where required.
- Meet agreed fraud KPI’s and targets.
- Ensure compliance with Company financial crime procedures and related policies.
- Submit Suspicious Activity Reports as necessary to the Company MLRO.
- Ensure compliance with TCF principles when liaising with customers.
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- To be compliant with health and safety policies at all times.
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times.
- Produce high quality written reports and advice for the business, to include recommendations.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Strong experience of handling fraudulent customer, third party damage and personal injury claims.
- Proven track record in investigating both opportunistic and organised motor fraud.
- Managing a caseload with adherence to SLAs
- Proven track record of stakeholder management
- Strong understanding of motor insurance fraud and the purpose of a Counter Fraud Team
- Strong understanding of the various indemnity levels and the subsequent impact that this may have on the claim/policy
- Strong understanding of Part 7 and Part 8 Proceedings.
- Strong understanding of the litigation process and the impact that this has on the business both procedurally and economically.
- Strong understanding of regulatory responsibilities (SMRC)
- Excellent knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) an the regulatory framework relating to general insurance
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer literate, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the internet.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude
- Can receive and give constructive feedback
- Adopts a proactive approach to their workload
- Identifies and communicates potential process and efficiency improvements
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company values
- Passionate about reducing the business exposure to fraud risk.
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.