We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We need an Intelligence Analyst to join our Counter Fraud Services team in either our Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex office!
- Generous competitive salary from £23,500 per year – Depending on experience plus fantastic company benefits
- Hybrid working of 4 days a week at home and 1 day in the office
- Increased salary on completion of our progression level matrix
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Monday to Friday 7.5 hours a day – Flexibility available
- A fun, energetic and lively working environment
You'll take ownership and management of a fraud intelligence handling model for the business, as one part of valued counter fraud services provided to the business by CFS.
- Receive, triage and disseminate all internally and externally sourced intelligence for use in protecting the business from fraud risks, in line with the department policies and procedures.
- Management of a fraud intelligence repository, to include data input, quality, retention and disposal, referring to the Intelligence Supervisor as necessary.
- Undertake desktop research on suspect claims and policies and produce comprehensive intelligence and research reports.
- Identify and refer suspect claims and polices to relevant teams using fraud databases and analytics tools.
- Producing witness statements on policy misrepresentation and non-disclosure and giving evidence in court
- Meet agreed fraud KPIs and targets.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of market counter fraud activities specific to intelligence and related fraud/financial crime legislation.
- Ensure compliance with company financial crime procedures and related policies.
- Submit Suspicious Activity Reports as necessary to the Intelligence Supervisor.
- Analysis of fraud threats using multiple Excel datasets.
- Maintain the fraud intelligence relationships with the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB), Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department (IFED) and Insurance Fraud Investigators Group (IFIG).
- To adhere to and consider all regulatory requirements at all times, including TCF, DPA and AML.
- Ensure compliance with TCF principles when liaising with customers.
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- To be compliant with health and safety policies at all times.
- To ensure compliance with Company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Experience & knowledge
- Motor insurance claims and policy experience.
- Fraud intelligence handling in the general insurance (motor) environment.
- Undertaking research and writing reports
- Some knowledge of fraud intelligence handling practices
- Awareness of the IFB intelligence model.
- Good understanding of relevant fraud related legislation.
- Good understanding of all aspects of motor insurance.
- Excellent knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to general insurance.
Skills & Qualifications
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Basic to Intermediate Excel spreadsheet skills
- Good report writing skills.
- Customer focussed (internal customers & external).
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company values
- Passionate about reducing the business exposure to fraud risk.
- Takes initiative to make decisions.
- An organised and proactive approach.
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude.
- Confident in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.