We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic insurance company? Well look no further! We’re on the lookout for a talented and experienced Senior Personal Injury Negotiator to join our growing organisation in either Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group, an award-winning, innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services. In 2020, we grew our talent by 41%, filling 430 roles, 95 of which were internal promotions, and we’re still looking to grow and develop further.
Your role as a Senior PI Negotiator will be to proactively manage a portfolio of personal injury claims, across all jurisdictions, in an efficient and effective manner from outset to conclusion, complying with all appropriate regulations, legislation and policy guidelines.
Hours will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm on a 37.5 hour working week initially full time in the office and then revert to our flexible working pattern to help you manage your worklife balance. Benefits include an optional 2 days a week working at home.
- Manage and negotiate all moderate injury claims from new claim stage to conclusion, being fully conversant with the relevant sections of MOJ Reforms, Civil Procedure Rules, Personal Injury Pre-Action Protocol and Road Traffic Act (as applies in all jurisdictions) and the implications of being RTA/ARTICLE 75 insurer
- Manage a small caseload (not exceeding 10% of own portfolio) of development files outside own authority limit on strict referral to L3 Personal Injury handler
- Manage Third Party Property Damage (TPPD), including credit hire claims, in accordance with agreed procedural requirements and own authority limits
- Proactively manage all incoming correspondence using telephone, email and letter
- Proactively manage incoming telephone calls
- Identify potential fraudulent claims and action in accordance with guidelines
- Identify and effect all potential recoveries from the relevant parties in accordance with procedures
- Responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages to be paid on each file
- Check and authorise payments on claims files as required and in accordance with own authority limits
- Maintain portfolio within SLAs and KPIs, and undertake regular file reviews to ensure effective and timely settlement of all claims
- As directed, act as a mentor and referral point to L1 Personal Injury Handlers
- Provide support to the Personal Injury Team Leader as required
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Maintain knowledge in specialist area to constantly improve understanding of technical issues in relation to Personal Injury Claims handling matters
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and corporate policies and requirements (including “Treating Customers Fairly” principles
- Ensure that all expressions of dissatisfaction are registered in accordance with FCIM’s complaint procedure
- Achieve all personal objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Strong motor claims experience working within a bodily injury claims environment
- Proven track record in personal injury claim handling, including dealing with personal injury claims within and out with the RTA Portal
- Thorough and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to develop others and pro-actively identify training
- Actively identify and engage in areas of business improvement
- Presentation skills
- Full understanding of the main principles of English, Scottish and Northern Irish Law as it applies in the technical field
- Complete knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to claims
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of motor claims, to include credit hire, litigation and potential fraud
- Be fully conversant with the all sections of Pre-Action Protocol for Low Value Personal Injury Claims, Civil Procedure Rules and the Road Traffic Act (RTA)
- Detailed understanding of the RTA and Article 75 status within motor claims
- Tenacious and able to negotiate
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Positively champions FCIM’s philosophies and ways of working, supportive of team leaders and managers to implement change
- Acts as a role model
- Confident and assertive evidence of leading by example within the team/department, assists colleagues/new starters and identifies and resolves process issues or better ways of working
- Evidence of coaching colleagues and new starters, developing training sessions supports team leader in buzz sessions and team meetings
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Highly organised and proactive approach
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.