We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for several Third Party Claim Negotiator's to join our Third Party team in Salford Quays, Manchester, or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
Your role as a Third Party Claims Negotiator is to proactively record and process claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and to maintain files within our service standards. You’ll deal with allocated claims as quickly and efficiently as possible from outset to conclusion within FCA regulations, and legislative and policy guidelines.
As well as our award-winning motor insurance broker, 1ST CENTRAL, which has successfully built a customer base of over 1 million. We grew our talent in 2020 by 41% and we’re still looking to grow and develop further.
So, if you fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? This could be your lucky day!
- Proactively record, process and settle claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and to maintain files within our service standards
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy
- Be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
- Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines
- Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
- Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers and all relevant third-party representatives
- Adhere to and consider all regulatory requirements at all times, including TCF, DPA, AML and Anti Bribery principles, and ensure all direct reports are compliant
- Comply with health and safety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with company standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Experience of handling claims (including reserving)
- Dealing with insurers and/or claimants and/or defendants knowledge of motor claims
- Understanding of liability, reserving, assessment, payments, different claimants and claimant representatives
- Good MS office skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong customer service skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Decision making and communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values
- Take initiative to make decisions
- An organised and proactive approach
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .