We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
We’re looking for someone to join our Commercial & Marketing team as an Associate QA Engineer- Commercial Data either working remotely, based in our Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex offices.
In this role you’ll support the development and roll out of our commercial data estate and BI, as we migrate from legacy reporting to a market leading advanced analytics solution.
You will reinforce our ongoing efforts to improve commercial data management and embrace cutting-edge technology, playing a critical role in ensuring the successful creation and validation of our commercial data and BI, as well as testing various commercial database implementations, data models and dashboards.
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- The ability to identify and troubleshoot data quality issues
- Experience using SQL with large data sets
- A strong eye for detail
- Perform data validation and ensure data integrity throughout the commercial data estate
- Design, develop and execute comprehensive test plans and processes
- Implement integrated test automation to streamline testing procedures and increase efficiency
- Utilise SQL query capabilities to analyse and manipulate data for testing and validation
- Assist in gathering, inspecting, cleaning, transforming and modelling data with the goal of transforming the data into reports
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the data artifacts (data catalogue and data dictionary) and system level documentation
- Use your experience to solve technically complex problems and assist non-technical colleagues in understanding and building trust with our data
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
- Participate in annual staff appraisal, staff development and in-service training activities in line with the Commercial Data Team Competency Framework
- Any other reasonable duties
- Experience of data testing, data validation techniques and the ability to identify and troubleshoot data quality issues
- Experience of coding with T-SQL and manipulating large datasets
- Experience of test automation tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with performance testing methodologies and tools
- Experience in data modelling and pipeline creation advantageous
- Experience of a commercial / insurance environment advantageous
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Passion for creating data which allow users to solve business problems
- Ability to influence and support stakeholders, and confidently manage expectations in a dynamic environment
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.