We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Our Retail Pricing team needs a Pricing Analyst to join them in either our Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Salford Quays, Manchester office.
The role will keep you busy building new predictive models using different techniques. You’ll also analyse existing models, improving them if you can, and use your superpowers to solve key company problems. You’ll understand how best to give customers an exceptional service while boosting our profitability at the same time. If the way we work could be better, you’ll improve it.
We’re all about people and we’re passionate about continuous improvement, so you’ll share your thoughts with the team to continually progress our methods, models and team knowledge.
Developing the best talent means a lot to us too. We’re an ambitious bunch to work with. You’ll play a vital part in attracting graduates and other talent into the company and supporting them on their journey. You’ll spread the word!
This is just the start. Imagine where you could end up! The journeys yours…
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Experience working within the Insurance industry
- Experience of the Radar software package
- Learn new tools and techniques
- Give confidence in the underlying data within the pricing algorithm
- Production of business analysis reports
- Ad hoc project work providing analysis to the business
- Maintenance of analysis programs written in SAS, RADAR, and other software packages
- Write new analysis code using SAS, RADAR, and other software packages
- Build predictive models using SAS, EMBLEM, and other software packages
- Monitor, maintain, update and improve existing predictive models
- Produce timely and accurate information for management decision-making purposes
- Apply statistical techniques including generalised linear modelling and non-linear methods to improve the performance of the company
- Liaise with other departments on data issues, business effects influencing company reports, business processes and operational issues
- Understand business issues to find solutions to and make recommendations to improve profitability
- Present findings and results in a clear and logical manner; produce written reports
- Train, develop & guide graduate analysts
- Positive manner with ability to communicate well with all colleagues and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards / regulations
- Travel to group locations on an ad hoc basis (currently Manchester, Gibraltar and Guernsey)
- Any other reasonable duties as required
- Strong background in statistical methods
- Experience of personal lines insurance analysis
- Experience of SAS, Emblem, Excel and advanced statistical techniques
- Minimum 2:1 in a numerical undergraduate discipline
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Strong IT skills (including Excel and ideally programming skills)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Broad knowledge of statistical methods and techniques
- Good knowledge of motor insurance products and the motor insurance industry
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations
- Logical thinker with solid reasoning ability
- Commercially focussed
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Quick learner and supports the wider team
- Able to transfer skills and knowledge to others
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Takes initiative
Think you’ve got what it takes? We’re so looking forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Talent team.