We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Pricing Lead to join our Commercial and Marketing team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, Salford Quays, Manchester, or as a remote worker.
This role will work as part of our exciting new Retail Pricing Team and you’ll be responsible for leading the building of new predictive models using linear and non-linear statistical techniques, in addition to launching Home Pricing Optimization and Multi-Product (Home & Motor) Pricing Capabilities.
You'll solve key company questions, and provide analysis, insight and competitive advantage to the company by producing recommendations, analysis and reports that maximise customer satisfaction and the profitability of the company. We'll need you to pro-actively seek ways to improve existing processes in the Retail Pricing Team and to implement and advise on analysis strategy for the company, with particular focus on customer behaviour and insurance market dynamics.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have proven experience of personal lines insurance analysis and pricing modelling
- Have experience of using programmes such as Emblem, Earnix, RADAR, SQL, SAS
- Have good knowledge of insurance products and the insurance industry
Learn and implement new statistical tools and techniques including generalised linear modelling and non-linear methods to improve the performance of the company
- Create an innovative approach which drives the business forward by introducing new analytical methods, statistical tools, techniques and new data sources
- Write new analysis code using SAS, R, and other software packages
- Build predictive models using EMBLEM, R and other software packages
- Monitor, maintain, update and improve existing predictive models
- Supporting the development and improvement of customer lifetime value optimisation techniques & methodologies using RADAR LIVE and other software packages.
- Production & maintenance of business analysis reports written in RADAR and other software packages such as Emblem, Earnix, SQL, SAS
- Analyse business issues to find solutions, present findings and make recommendations to improve profitability in a clear and logical manner
- Liaise with other departments on data issues, business effects influencing company reports, business processes and operational issues
- Provide input and advice into company analysis strategy and the effective implementation of that strategy to meet company requirements
- Implement department timescales on any standard report production, ad hoc business queries, and external requests
- Represent the Senior Pricing & Trading Manager in meetings as and when required
- Train, develop & guide more junior analysts and graduate analysts
Experience, knowledge, skills & qualifications
- Strong background in statistical methods
- Experience of personal lines insurance analysis
- Experience of either Emblem, Earnix, RADAR, SQL or SAS
- Excel and advanced statistical techniques
- Proven ability to produce outstanding results based on own initiative
- Experience in project management
- Minimum 2:1 in a numerical undergraduate discipline
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Strong IT skills (including Excel and ideally programming skills)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
We offer a great range of colleague benefits here at First Central, so take a look at our careers website for more information on these.
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.