We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have an amazing opportunity for a Senior Data and Insight Analyst to join our Commercial & Marketing team either from home (remote), in our office in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or Salford Quays, Manchester.
You'll lead the production of data analysis and insight to support the development and execution of our telematics trading strategy.
We're looking for someone who'll collaborate with teams across the business to extract and analyse data, query external market and competitor datasets and develop datasets which will be used in the development of trading dashboards, customer analysis, and root cause analysis to inform our telematics trading strategy.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to:
- Have UK Insurance market experience
- Ideally have strong telemetry experience
- Have proven strong experience in an analytical/insight role
- Have strong data analysis skills using transactional SQL
- Have proven experience in preparation of reports, data, metrics which inform decision making
- Lead the extraction, analysis and reporting of all telematics trading metrics to inform strategy, trading decisions and change initiatives
- Support delivery of telematics trading reports developed using T-SQL and Power BI
- Lead data investigations on emerging issues to identify root cause and shape actions.
- Produce and present data insight and learnings to commercial teams and wider business functions
- Collate information, data and market intelligence from multiple sources and create insight to optimise trading activities and support new strategies
- Report on telematics trading performance and proactively deal with emerging issues or exploiting opportunities
- Proactively develop new strategies and initiatives from concept to commercialisation to drive the trading change agenda
- Support the trading forecasting, budget and retrospective analysis processes in relation to telematics
Experience & knowledge
- Proven strong experience in an analytical/insight role
- Experience with transactional SQL
- Experience of working within a highly regulated sector
- Familiarity with business intelligence / data visualisation tools (such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview), plus the ability to interrogate and analyse data
- Good understanding of retail insurance, ideally motor telemetry or standard motor insurance sectors. Subscription-based businesses in other sectors will be considered.
Skills & Qualifications
- Data analysis skills using transactional SQL
- Preparation of reports, data, metrics which inform decision making
- Dashboard development skills using Microsoft Power BI / visualisation tools
- Key analytical skills and methods enabling accuracy and interpretation of data
- Uses analytical approach to a problem to ensure rigour and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.