We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Have you worked within a motor insurance environment? How about Third-Party Claims? Well, we have an exciting opportunity for 13 Third Party Handlers to join our team in January, based in either Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
You’ll proactively record and process a portfolio of vehicle damage claims. You’ll be liaising with policy holders, witnesses, third-party insurers and solicitors to assess and agree the liability, all the way through to conclusion of the claim.
Do you have that flair for investigation and delivering the right outcome for our customers? If so, then this could be the role for you…
Here’s a glimpse of what we can offer:
- Generous salary between £22,000 to £28,000, depending on experience
- Monday to Friday, no weekends! 37.5 hours a week between 8am – 5pm. Usual shifts are 8-4pm or 9-5pm but we are flexible.
- Hybrid working: 4 days from home and 1 day in the office after initial competency sign off, typically 8-12 weeks.
- Clear progression matrix
- Fully supportive team throughout
- £100 off your car insurance
- A fun, vibrant and busy place to work
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays and an extra 'You' day off for important occasions or just a day for you!
- Proactively manage and efficiently process a portfolio of third-party claims.
- Inform policyholders of the claim process and manage expectations throughout, providing the best service possible.
- Reserve for Heads of Damage in line with reserving philosophy
- Review estimates/invoices and arrange engineering or outsourced assessments where required.
- Review documentation and raise payments in line with reserves.
- Carry out a basic assessment of litigation documents and instruct legal suppliers and dispute cases where necessary.
- Manage highways, rail, street furniture and property damage claims and outsource to suppliers where required.
- Answer inbound phone calls & communicate on email. After all, our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
- Carry out other duties, activities and tasks within the Claims and Fraud pillar to ensure all our departments perform effectively and efficiently, so we can meet the demands of First Central’s customers and any third parties
Experience & knowledge:
- Previous experience working within a motor claims department, preferably a third-party damage claims environment
- Prior experience of motor claims handling, knowledge of vehicle types and case law
- Knowledge of Financial Conduct Authority requirements and the regulatory framework relating to claims
- An understanding of fraud controls.
- An understanding of vulnerable customers and providing the right level of service and communication.
- An understanding of the FCA consumer duty rules.
Skills & Qualifications:
- People are at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be a people person
- You’ll be a great communicator with a sharp eye for detail
- Organisation, timekeeping and structure are second nature to you
- You’re not fazed by computers and software
- You have good numeracy and literacy skills
- You’re eager to learn and develop through continuous training
- Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork. You’ll be a supportive, enthusiastic team player
- You have the ability to manage standard third-party motor claims
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- You have the skills to negotiate and influence
So, if you fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace, this could be your lucky day…apply now!
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.