We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills are built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
As part of our future we need talent to get the job done, we need ambitious and goal driven colleagues to join us as a Third Party Claims Intervention Advisor in Salford Quays, Manchester.
You’ll be a fantastic communicator and negotiator with a passion for building customer relationships and above all being the point of contact. You’ll proactively attempt to make contact with customers by phone or email and convert the maximum number of Third Parties referred to the team. On average you may handle 20 calls in a day but we also like to communicate via email and chat.
It's a 37.5 hour working week Monday to Friday on 3 shifts which are 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm and 10am to 6pm. The salary is £22,000 basic plus plenty of progression within the team and business.
Working flexibly, you’ll spend the first couple of months in the office getting up to speed, learning and training to be the best! Once your probation has been passed it’s time to work 4 days from home and 1 day in the office for a work and life balance. If you prefer to be in the office more - that's good with us too.
We would love to hear from you so let's make this happen…
- Act upon internal Third Party referrals from first notification of loss.
- Be the first point of telephone contact with the Third Party, dedicated to providing a professional and empathetic service through great communication.
- Proactively attempt to make contact and convert the maximum number of Third Parties referred to the team using all available communication methods.
- Answer the Third Party intervention phone line answering customer queries.
- Manage the period and cost of hire and cost of repairs provided to Third Parties and to ensure all costs are kept to a minimum and are not subject to any leakage.
- Liaise, as appropriate, with other Claims areas to ensure any issues are resolved efficiently and expeditiously.
- Take responsibility for own development in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Contribute to identifying areas for improvement to enhance the process and service being offered to Third Parties.
- Identify and refer any personal injury claims to our specified supplier in accordance with current procedure.
- Ensure reserves and diary are kept accurately for all aspects of the TP intervention claim.
- Manage invoices received from the authorised hire and repair partners, ensuring they are accurate, and register payments onto the claims system for approval.
- Process any diary allocated to the TP intervention team.
- Be aware of potential fraudulent claims and pass on the necessary details when identified to the Counter Fraud Department.
Skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience of working in a customer service role or similar environment to include retail or hospitality or retail will be considered
- Previous experience of working in Motor Claims (Desirable)
- Excellent Customer Service and Sales skills
- Negotiation and objection handling skills
- Pro-active attitude and enthusiastic approach
- Customer focused work ethic
What can we do for you?
People first. Always. We’re passionate about our colleagues and know the best people deserve an extraordinary working environment. We owe it to them so that’s what we offer. Our workplaces are energetic, inspirational, supportive. To get a taste of the advantages you’ll enjoy, take a look at all our perks in full here.
Intrigued? Our Talent team can tell you everything you need to know about what we want and what we’re offering, so feel free to get in touch.