We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Here at First Central we're extremely passionate about supporting our colleagues and the community through our Environmental, Social and Governance strategy. We have a brand new ESG Lead role within our People team and we're looking for someone to help us meet our goals.
As the ESG Lead, you'll oversee the implementation of our ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) strategy, including the implementation of our DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging) strategy.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to:
- Have experience in working in an ESG role
- Have strong and proven experience of co-ordinating activities across the business and embedding frameworks
- Have an excellent understanding of ESG and DEIB trends and regulatory requirements
- Lead activities associated with delivering the ESG and DEIB strategies, including delivery of the associated objectives
- Produce regular update reports to the ESG and DEIB Oversight Groups, YouFirst, Executive Committee and Company Boards
- Conduct regular reviews of data associated with ESG and DEIB, identifying trends, and conducting regular comparisons to other companies
- Create and deliver the overall communications plan related to ESG and DEIB, both internally and externally
- Work with all business areas to ensure ESG and DEIB is embedded in activities across the Group
- Manage the relevant accreditations and registrations (such as HM Women in Finance, Disability Confident, Dive in Festival), including the required reporting
Job Specific Competencies:
Skills, knowledge and behaviours
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with drafting high-quality business reports
- Good data analysis skills
- Ability to question and obtain information from others
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Stakeholder management and influencing
- Excellent understanding of ESG and DEIB trends and regulatory requirements
- Commercially focused
- A confidential and professional approach is essential and can demonstrate integrity and respect
If this role looks like the perfect opportunity to progress your career within a fast-growing and agile company - don't delay in submitting your application!
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.