We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer to join our Technology and Data Team in either our Haywards Heath, Manchester or Guernsey offices.
The 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for providing exceptional, escalated support for a variety of products, services and platforms to all colleagues in relation to technology related incidents, service requests and project delivery. In addition you will provide oversight, direction, and will act as an escalation point for the Second Line Technical Support Team, enabling, instigating and facilitating a continual ‘shift-left’ mentality to receive work from the Infrastructure team and automate or document a 'shift-left' to first and second line support teams. As well as assisting with the implementation of new technology and proactively improving existing products to ensure the use of latest features and most efficient ways of working and helping to support up-skilling and development of the first and second line support teams, you will also contribute to technology projects and initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have experienced working in a customer centric technical support team.
- Welcome change and enjoy working in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Be proactive by identifying and deploying improvement initiatives.
- Proactively deliver and maintain the desktop, telephony, and application infrastructure so that it is supported, and failures minimised.
- Engage in 3rd line level BAU support, troubleshooting and delivery of modern technologies.
- Provide a technical escalation point for first and second line colleagues.
- Proactively engage with users where required to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and requests.
- Act as the team point of contact for problem identification and resolution.
- Managing the life cycle of service requests and incidents.
- Log, analyse, triage, and prioritise all IT Incidents, service requests, Problems and Changes received via all communication channels into the 3rd line team.
- Engage in the support and delivery of technology projects.
- Ensure all hardware images are maintained and deployed to a secure, high performing ‘gold’ standard within a hybrid environment of SCCM and Intune/AutoPilot.
- Application packaging and deployment.
- Proactively identify underlying problems, propose and implement resolutions.
- Application maintenance and packaging including 3rd party application updates.
- Application packaging and deployment via SCCM and/or Intune.
- Ensure that the team documentation, processes, and procedures are kept up-to-date and followed.
- Manage a mixed workload of projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of information governance standards for Cyber Security, legal and regulatory compliance, and an understanding of its application in practice.
- Troubleshoot and fix a variety of hardware issues.
- Assist in the delivery of Projects/Change e.g. documentation, training, test scenarios, technical analysis
- Manage and support out of hours software upgrades/implementations and testing in conjunction with Business Change, Technology, and other stakeholders.
- To always ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations.
- Implement automation for repetitive tasks using PowerShell scripting, Power Automate or similar tools.
- Perform regular security, maintenance, and hardware checks.
- Support and engage in the design, installation and upgrade of desktop infrastructure.
- Proactively identify and track risk and issues using the documented processes.
- Responsible for ensuring procedures and documentation are created and updated when necessary.
- On call support - In addition to normal working hours Monday-Friday, staff performing this role are expected to work out of hours for specific project tasks and support other teams within Technical services.
- Provide 3rd line investigation and diagnosis of all incidents and service requests
- Verify resolution with users and resolve incidents with our ITSM tool withing agreed SLA
- Escalate incidents at risk of breaching SLA to the Technology Support Lead.
- Proactively support in the upskilling of 1st line and 2nd line support teams.
Qualifications / Experience
- ITIL Foundation v3/4 – desirable
- Knowledge and experience of Active Directory group policy – essential.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a fast-paced, agile support role - essential
- Experience of application packaging and deployment - essential
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) - desirable
- Experience with Intune, SCCM, Azure and Powershell - essential
- Exceptional customer service and people skills - essential
- Good time management and organisation skills - essential
- Extremely self-motivated and enthusiastic
- A strong drive to learn new and changing technologies, processes, and procedures
- An organised and pro-active approach
- A genuine interest in technology
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to adhere to high audit standards
- Forthcoming with suggestions for change and improvements
- Takes ownership & responsibility of issues
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values
Interested? Apply today and take the next step in finding your dream job.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.