We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Developer to join our Technology and Data team in Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or our offices in Guernsey.
We are looking for an experienced C# .NET developer who will work within a Scrum team to help build and support the company’s bespoke application environment.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Knowledge of a SPA language (preferably Angular 11/12 ).
- A good understanding of SQL.
- Work within a Scrum team across the full development stack.
- Assist in the support of existing, and the creation of new, applications & services written in both older and modern technologies.
- Support and maintain the legacy application base.
- Assist in developing our DevOps culture, tools and approach.
- Provide your knowledge and experience to the company on available technologies.
Our application estate is a large bespoke enterprise suite of applications & services with the focus on technologies of C# and Angular.
We use the following additional technologies:
- SQL, TSQ
Your Skills / Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience developing within a C# .NET environment.
- 3+ years’ experience of SQL writing and general database designs.
- Web development experience particularly in an SPA language (Angular).
- HTML, CSS and Java Script skills.
- Understanding of common software design patterns.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles.
- Experience of using public cloud technologies (Azure).
- Experience of working within an operational/transactional business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .