We’re on the hunt for talented Senior Quality Engineer contractors to join our Technology and Data team in Salford Quays, Manchester for contracts running until June 2022.
In the last few years, FCG has seen rapid growth, no more so than in our data services division. To meet the needs of building a quality function with a mature quality framework with which to deliver industry leading testing on our legacy and future platforms, we are looking to hire a team of Senior Quality Engineers to support them.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the day to day automated and manual testing of all reporting, data pipelines, and data warehousing within First Central, on both Legacy and Data Transformation Program platforms. Structured testing is required, ensuring the quality of releases.
You’ll act as an assurance gateway ensuring that any change of business process or the technical solution is fit for purpose and managing the acceptance process into the operational business areas.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have strong practical knowledge of testing and testing automation
- Have in-depth experience working with web-based applications and Azure cloud technologies
- Have strong knowledge of all stages of the database development and test lifecycle
- Support the Quality Lead in leadership and direction to the Testing Team. To engineer quality into the data services team and data services products.
- Assist in defining best practice, helping provide guidance to the quality team and supporting the creation of a quality framework for testing in data services.
- Act as an assurance gateway ensuring any change of business process or technical solution is fit for purpose
- Follow the acceptance process into the relevant operational business areas
- Understand and communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical team members
- Delivery & Quality Management – responsible for supporting assigned work packages to deliver work to agreed timescales and quality
- Performance Management & Improvement – Contribute to the continual improvement of quality team and methods
- Processes and Tools – promoting & enforcing the effective use of processes and tools within the teams and assigned work packages; proactively recommending improvements and new approaches
Technical & Commercial Knowledge
- Maintain an understanding of First Central Group applications, architecture, and technologies together with a good awareness of the Insurance Industry, FCG clients and commercial activities.
- Development and implementation of improved work practices
Experience & knowledge
- Good practical knowledge of testing and testing automation
- Excellent at working with web-based applications and Azure cloud technologies
- Strong Knowledge of all stages of the database development and test lifecycle
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Able to effectively prioritise your own workload when under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- ITSQB qualification is desirable
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Resilience with which to lead culture change within data services and the wider business
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to work alongside our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.