We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Do you have a fantastic aptitude for creativity and a real can-do approach, coupled with a solid understanding of data engineering? If so, we’d love from you!
As part of IT Data Operations Infrastructure team, you’ll be joining at a fantastic time and be highly involved in the drive to deliver the progressive IT Services business objectives, while focusing on business infrastructure and platform needs and growth targets.
Your role will entail enhancing the value of our technology estate, operating best practice processes to ensure they remain current, secure and fit for purpose, ensuring SLAs and KPIs are met, while ensuring the business receives a high level of service and platforms remain operational.
You’ll need to have a deep understanding of cloud platforms and services; Microsoft Azure DevOps, ITIL, Azure Synapse, Databricks, PowerBI, Data Factory, HD Insights, Python Sparks, and have a strong IT service background, and with a proactive approach, you’ll have a real opportunity to explore new services and business possibilities.
- Develop, implement, establish a technology lifecycle and continuous improvement/ development (CI/CD) of applications and systems
- Responsibility and operation of a highly scalable, secure and available infrastructure platforms, ensuring that it can operate 24/7
- Support the prioritisation, planning and execution by partnering and collaborating with the teams and resources across the business
- Maintain knowledge of information governance standards for Cyber Security, legal and regulatory compliance and an understanding of its application in practice
- Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis, penetration testing remediation etc
- Support out of hours upgrades/implementations and testing in conjunction with Business Change, Technology and other stakeholders
- Participate in the creation, maintenance, testing and execution of the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans
- Support the planning, development, documentation, implementation and testing of the corporate Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes and procedures
- Liaise with suppliers and contribute to building the company’s relationship with them
- Support and engage in the design, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of the network, server, voice and desktop infrastructures
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations (FCA, TCF, DPA and H&S) at all times
Skills/Knowledge & Experience
- Experience/understanding of all elements of data engineering (extract/transform/load), visualisation, analytics and machine learning
- Creating and implementing data policies and procedures
- Demonstrable experience of delivering highly scalable data platforms
- Deep experience/understanding for CD/CI process
- Understanding and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps, ITIL, Azure Synapse, Databricks, PowerBI, Data Factory, HD Insights, Python Sparks, and have a strong IT service background
- Strong administration of Windows Domains and Windows Server technologies
- Strong administration of Azure Cloud and Data Centres infrastructure
- Strong network and firewall knowledge
- Strong Information Security and IT security/Cyber controls
- Experience of compiling reports detailing activity and progress along with project plans to within accurate timescales
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Security by default approach to delivery
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .