Are you looking for your next career challenge? Interested in working at a fast-growing, innovative, market-leading digital insurance company? If so, we need you!
We have an exciting opportunity to work within the technical services team as a senior technical support technician in Guernsey.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for:
To provide exceptional support for a variety of products, services and platforms to all staff in relation to technology related requests, issues and incidents. Provide a senior presence and technical escalation point for the Service Desk and Field Service team. Deliver exceptional standards of support to all customers and, oversight and direction for immediate team members. On occasions, work with the Infrastructure team on implementations and incidents.
- Pro-actively maintain the desktop, telephony and application infrastructure so that it is supported, and failures minimised.
- Be an escalation point for the Technical Support and Field Service teams with technical issues requiring more involved troubleshooting.
- Ensure that systems/ applications / services in own area not only meet business Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets but proactively ensure they are up to date and future proof.
- Analyse Incident, Problem and Change data to identify the underlying causes and when appropriate, investigate and propose new solutions.
- Ensure that the team processes and procedures are kept up to date, documented and followed.
- Display ownership in area of specialisation, e.g. championing new features and best practice
- Partners with the IT management team to define project technology scope, budget, schedule and deliverable
- Work closely with internal and external teams to ensure new systems and changes to existing systems are implemented efficiently and on-schedule
- Assist with covering the supported hours via the service desk and telephone during busy periods.
- Actively self-educate on ever changing technologies.
- Manage, support and co-ordinate critical issues through to successful resolution, working with all parties concerned, including communication to key stakeholders
- Drive change and improvements to technologies such as SCCM and Intune.
- When required participate in project plans, providing technical suggestions and guidance.
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
- Knowledge sharing across the team and wider business community e.g. this will involve technical development through the facilitation of workshops, production of standards, procedures and documentation and running training sessions
- Support out of hours software upgrades/implementations and testing in conjunction with Business Change, GTS and other stakeholders
- Support and co-ordinate on post release critical issues through to successful resolution, working with all parties concerned, including communication to key stakeholders
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times (including TCF)
- Proactively identify and track risk and issues using the documented processes
- Record and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible
- Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis of all incidents and service requests
- Verify resolution with users and resolve incidents in Atlas
- Escalate incidents at risk of breaching SLA to Technology Support Team Lead
- Deploy and maintain hardware builds and applications with Microsoft Endpoint Manager and when required ‘handover’ hardware to new colleagues.
- Assist the Infrastructure team in maintaining the IT infrastructure hardware in on site.
- Maintain end user hardware on site, including laptops, desktops, mobile phones and meeting room technology.
- Support out of hours upgrades/implementations, infrastructure replacements and testing in conjunction with Business Change, Technology and other stakeholders.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed within this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and tasks. Other similar or additional duties are to be performed or assigned.
Job Specific Competencies:
Qualifications / Experience
- ITIL Foundation V3 or V4 - Desired
- Good experience of enterprise software and application support and delivery
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) - Preferred
- A+ / N+ Certification - Desired
- Telephony – Mitel or Avaya - Desired
- SDI - Service Desk Analyst – Desired
- At least 3 years in a technical support environment.
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals – Desired.
- In depth understanding, experience and working knowledge of the build, configuration and support of Microsoft technologies, SharePoint, PC, server and network systems (CISCO Switches & Servers, Firewalls), anti-virus packages, Virtualisation (VMWare and/or Hyper-V) is desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cyber security technologies such as Sentinel, AIP, DLP etc are also desired.
- Working experience with Intune/Endpoint Manager.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written Good technical skills
- People management skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Excellent technical skills
- SCCM software deployment skills and awareness
- User administration
- Configure and install of desktop and laptop hardware.
Solid knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Good understanding of First Central’s applications (or equivalent system externally) in one or all of the following:
- SharePoint (Collaboration Toolkit)
- Service desk / issue logging tools
- MS Office suite
- MS Windows server
- Service Management Techniques (ITIL)
- FCA requirements (including TCF)
- Web platforms / web applications
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Takes ownership & responsibility of issues
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glas