We’re looking to add a Cloud Solutions Architect to our high-performing Architecture team based at our Salford Quays office in Manchester.
This is a key role as we put in place our plans for 2020 and beyond. You’ll work closely with the Head of Architecture, Business Services team and technical products to help develop business requirements and specify (and own) solutions with a focus on Cloud technologies.
The Cloud Solutions Architect will have demonstrable experience in the design, delivery and ownership of enterprise-scale Azure solutions and services utilising PaaS, SaaS and IaaS models, acting as a subject matter expert and proponent of Cloud technologies.
- Assist in the definition of the Enterprise Architecture, product and Cloud strategy
- Ensure solutions support the architectural direction of the company’s technology and the Focus Product Strategy
- Review internal and external solutions for suitability, making recommendations to the Head of Architecture and Focus Design Authority
- Provide analytical skills into understanding and communicating design specifications to facilitate technical development, including the creation of both high-level and detailed design documentation and impact estimation
- Support the development teams in delivery and ensure their solution understanding
- Provide big data solutions (storage and compute) and deliver value via machine learning
- Assist in the design of Cloud infrastructure and security, acting as a technical liaison between Cloud providers and other delivery teams
- Fulfil the role of a subject matter expert in Azure Application Architecture and solutions
- Contribute to the management of development backlogs, sprints and deliveries
Skills, knowledge & experience
- TOGAF and Azure Certification are desirable
- Exceptional experience in delivering value from Cloud-based big-data technologies including Data Bricks, Stream Analytics, HDInsight, Azure Search, and Azure Data Lake Store
- Experience in Big Data Compute including Python, R and Sparx
- Experience of machine learning technologies
- Extensive Cloud migration experience
- Best practice Cloud architecture, at scale, in a regulated environment
- Understanding of regulation and legislation applying to insurance and financial services
- Knowledge of solution and enterprise architecture in a predominantly Microsoft technologyStack (development experience in this stack is desirable)
- A detailed thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude and an aptitude for creativity
- Commercially focused and results driven
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle, including a company pension scheme, group life assurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, professional subscription fees, the opportunity to buy additional holiday, health cash plan, help with travel expenses and the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work.
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
If this sounds like your next role and a company you’d like to work for, what’re you waiting for? Apply today!
Apply for this job