We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Home Claims Insight Manager to join our Performance Function team in our Salford Quays, Manchester office.
This is a Senior role with responsibility for developing best-in-class Home Claims Insight. The incumbent will need to have extensive experience working with complex data and independently developing data models.
You will have experience working in partnership with actuarial teams, frontline operations & executives with the ability to manage the vital link between frontline operational home claims, pricing/underwritingreserving and external stakeholders, utilising data to inform past and future business results.
You will have a good understanding of actuarial techniques and use insights produced to inform reserving projections and impacts to the 5-year plan, and will also be responsible for developing junior talent within the Performance Function.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience working in partnership with actuarial teams & frontline claims operations
- Extensive experience working with complex data
- Experience in delivery of analysis and insight into performance trends
- Delivery of regular reporting to business leaders on current and future home claims indemnity performance to support the cycle of monthly and quarterly executive reporting
- Delivery of analysis into performance trends, inconsistencies and opportunities in line with priorities agreed upon by the Senior Leadership Team
- Oversee production of data models (typically using SAS), utilising numerous data sources available to develop deep insights into claims performance across the balanced scorecard
- Present and visualise analysis so that it can be clearly understood and adds value to the business, ensuring commentary to an Executive level which is insightful, with clearly defined actions or recommendations
- Collaborate with the operational teams to make recommendations to drive step changes in home indemnity performance, following this through to delivery
- Coach and mentor Claims Insight analyst(s)
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in Finance to track and evidence the delivery of benefits across expense, income and indemnity
- Collaborate with industry home benchmarking providers providing accurate and granular data to enable continuous evaluation of company performance against the market and inform internal KPIs
- Support production of forecasting impacts to claims inflation from internal or external factors
- Represent Claims Insight Manager in key stakeholder meetings
- Support the wider Performance team as appropriate, leveraging skills and capabilities to respond to business needs
Experience & knowledge
- Proven experience in using data and insights to understand claims indemnity performance
- Proven experience and in-depth knowledge of the Home Insurance industry
- Experience in using data and insights to lead performance discussions and formulating recommendations for improvement
- The ability to work under pressure, dealing with multiple tasks or requests simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to manage difficult conversations
- Team player, working to create and achieve shared objectives
- Ability to disseminate technical information and present comprehensively
- Experience in line management and colleague development
Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced level use of MS Office applications
- Understanding of analytical tools (e.g. SAS, SQL)
- Understanding of actuarial methodologies
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to present and visualise data to a high quality and adapt for a wide range of audience
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively to overcome data challenges
- An understanding of Lean / Continuous Improvement tools, thinking and methodologies
- Ability to communicate risks and issues at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Commercially focused and results-driven
- Extensive knowledge of the Home insurance industry
- Speaks with facts and data
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Can present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Self- Motivation and enthusiastic
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- An organised and proactive approach
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values
- Team player
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Talent team.