We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for a talented In House Motor Engineer to join our Performance team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
The role will be to ensure that modern day motor vehicles which are subject to a motor claim are repaired to their pre accident condition by using the most appropriate methods at the correct cost, accurately valuing and categorising vehicles if they are deemed beyond economical repair or are stolen and unrecovered, by carrying out extensive market research and engaging with the customer/third parties to set their expectations.
Our Engineering Team are responsible for the Operational Management of our Motor Claims spend and delivering exceptional quality of service to our Customers both internal and external.
This is a Monday to Friday role on a 37.5 hour working week. We are currently working to a hybrid model, so your weekly hours will be split 3 days working from home and 2 days in the office.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have experience working in the Motor Trade Industry
- Ideally be AQP qualified
- Be motivated and able to work remotely
- Negotiate settlement of motor vehicles liaising with customers directly
- Work to agreed timescales and business parameters
- Audit and evaluate performance of repairer, making recommendations regarding repair quality, repair costs and customer service
- In the management of non-approved repairers, provide a complete triage solution
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with a range of suppliers
- Provide technical guidance to the claims teams in accordance with agreed service levels and on occasions other areas within the business. Support the claims staff, offer solutions and make decisions in any aspects relating to the Accidental Damage /Third Party engineering element of a claim. This will include total loss reports, valuations, supporting the Third Party intervention process, image inspections, new car replacement, diminution, mechanical/electrical breakdown, credit hire disputes and security reports
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with repairers and customers/third parties. This will often involve explaining potentially complex decisions made in a way that takes account of the recipient’s level of technical understanding. In making and communicating decisions with Policyholders will be key when managing repairs, total losses, valuation disputes, cases involving unrelated damage, complaints and applying policy conditions/limits.
- Identify fraudulent activity through investigative practice and liaison with claims colleagues, to correctly identify and advise on vehicle modifications which are non-standard to original equipment
- Support all aspects of the business in order to assist in the claims process for both insured and third party in order expedite settlement and minimise cost.
- Ensure all work is carried out within agreed KPI’s and SLA’s and in accordance to our company values
- Knowledge of relevant legislation – Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) Financial Services Authority (FSA) Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times,
Experience, skills & knowledge
- Proven experience of working in a motor vehicle estimating / motor engineering environment
- Influencing, negotiation and relationship building
- Solid Claims Knowledge
- Competent understanding of insurance principals
- Extensive vehicle make up knowledge
- Good working knowledge of vehicle types, makes and models
- A comprehensive knowledge of motor vehicles, modern repair techniques, estimating methods, technology and equipment used in the vehicle repair environment.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the IAEA
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Influencing, negotiation and relationship building
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new skills
- Commercially focused
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
Interested? Apply today and take the next step in finding your dream job.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees think about working here.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Talent team.