We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? If so, this could be your lucky day! We’re looking for an Engineering Valuation Settlement Handler to join our Performance Function team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
In this role you will be collaborating with the existing engineering team and will be responsible for the valuation and settlement of vehicles which have been deemed beyond economical repair or have been stolen and unrecovered.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that claims are settled in the most appropriate manner by engaging with the customer to establish a correct market position for the vehicle, utilising vehicle valuation guides along with extensive market research.
The role will be required to support all aspects of the business in order to assist in the claims process for both insured and third party in order expedite settlement and minimise cost.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- General knowledge and interest in motor vehicles
- General understanding of insurance principles and practices
- Negotiate settlement of motor vehicles with third parties of motor vehicles
- Ensure work is completed within business SLA’s and in line with policies and processes.
- Liaise directly with customers over the phone regarding motor vehicles
- Effectively and appropriately communicate with customers and third parties ensuring complex decisions are communicated taking into account the recipient’s level of technical understanding.
- Identify fraudulent activity through investigative practice and liaison with claims colleagues, to correctly identify and advise on vehicle modifications which are non-standard to original equipment
- Support all aspects of the business in order to assist in the claims process for both insured and third party in order expedite settlement and minimise cost
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with our company values
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties
Experience & knowledge
- Extensive vehicle make up knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Influencing, negotiation and relationship building
- Solid claims knowledge
- Competent understanding of insurance principals
- Knowledge of relevant legislation – Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) Financial Services Authority (FSA) Data Protection Act (DPA)
Skills & Qualifications
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organisation skills
- Commercially focussed
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards shared team and company objectives
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to make recommendations for business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new skills
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Talent team.