We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Customer Experience Manager to join our Commercial and Marketing team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
You’ll drive the delivery of excellent customer experience for our new product proposition that is due to launch early 2022. You’ll be responsible for designing and building a seamless e2e onmi channel journey utilising existing capabilities we have developed for our car insurance products, market best practices and leading third party partners.
Post launch, we’re looking for you to optimise the conversion funnel (including renewals and cross sell) and margin per customer as well as key customer metrics such as NPS and Trustpilot score. Constantly innovating and enhancing the proposition to ensure we are ahead of the market, you’ll act as a lead agile product owner for the new product working with the technical teams to define and prioritise the backlog of improvements and new initiatives.
This role is Certified in line with the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR).
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Be experienced in managing and optimising digital products with a solid track record of consistently delivering financial and customer metrics
- Have experience of developing MVP and managing rapid iterations
- Have experience of working with regulated products (but not necessarily in insurance)
- Hold solid experience of UX design and customer journey mapping
- Design e2e customer experience for the new product proposition, including digital and telephony channels aiming at delivering superior Customer Experience and driving Conversion.
- Design and maintain customer journeys
- Design service model including set-up model, contact strategy, operating hours, contact channels numbers and service levels leveraging existing best practices and working with the Retail Customer Team
- Work with UX designers to create wireframes and designs
- Define feedback loops and provide insight to drive decisions about future product iterations. Design and interrogate VOC surveys, working with business to turn insight into action
- Work with the Retail Customer team to ensure provider deliver on service levels and reviewing performance on an ongoing basis.
- Set up, track and deliver to targets on customer and financial KPIs
- Continuously track and optimise the conversion funnel and margin per customer, ensuring rigorous test & learn approach and benefits tracking
- Drive customer retention, reduce churn, and increase customer satisfaction
- Support lead product owner working with SMEs to deliver the MVP in early 2022 and subsequently be able to act as a product owner and work with SMEs and technical teams to define and prioritise a change backlog
- Ensure quality of content used and that it is aligned with both the new product insurance and Customer & Brand strategies.
- Working with the relationship manager, develop good relationships with price comparison websites, identify opportunities for joint initiatives from a CX perspective
- Work with other areas (e.g. Digital, Claims….) to Identify third party partners needed to deliver the Customer Experience and work with the procurement team to negotiate attractive commercial terms and service and onboard them
- Work with product manager to develop and deliver a compelling proposition for cross-selling home to our existing car insurance customer base
- Develop and deliver a seamless renewal experience
- Carry out regular market and competitor analysis from a CX point of view
Experience & knowledge
- Must be experienced in managing and optimising digital products with a solid track record of consistently delivering financial and customer metrics
- Experience of developing MVP and managing rapid iterations
- Experience of working in start-up environment with fast pace
- Must have experience of working with regulated products (but not necessarily in insurance)
- Solid experience of UX design and customer journey mapping
- Experience of embedding, tracking and reporting on customer and financial metrics
- Experience of third party management including telephony / call centre providers
- Must be an experienced product owner under Agile (Scrum) methodology
- Proven experience managing change programs
- Some understanding of innovation and ideation techniques
- Experience of carrying out market and competitor analysis
Skills & Qualifications
- Certified Agile Product Owner (preferable)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Working knowledge of Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics and other conversion and MVT tools
- Hands on experience of wireframing and customer journey mapping tools
- Working knowledge of Jira
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to identify problems and find effective solutions
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Leadership and relationship management skills, an influencer
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Deadline driven with the ability to perform under pressure
- Flexible in approach and comfortable with both teamwork and independent working
- Highly entrepreneurial approach
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Highly collaborative
- A flexible approach and positive, can-do attitude
- Passionate about delivering for the customer
- Execution focus and results driven
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
So, if you’re up for the challenge and would like to join our vibrant and busy team, we want to hear from you today.
We’ve received some great feedback from employees on Glassdoor. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews for yourself!
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .