We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We need a Data Architect to join our Technology and Data team in either Salford Quays, Manchester, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, or our offices in Guernsey.
We’re a fast-growing Digital Insurance and Technology Company who are going through an exciting phase of growth, looking at new technologies, transition of data services and a transformation project. This role will see you take responsibility for ensuring the effective design and use of the Enterprise Data Platform. A trusted subject matter expert with significant experience in the development and delivery of enterprise class data solutions with a strong appetite for innovation, you’ll be responsible for articulating designs to the architecture and development teams, and then in return communicating and evangelising the technical solution back to the underlying business stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- A background in Big Data cloud solutions and related experience in a similar Data Architect role within an insurance, finance or related commercial industry.
- Experience in Telematics or Internet of Things (IoT) would be highly desirable.
- An understanding of Visual, Cloud & Microsoft Stack technology experience.
- A great work ethic, able to take ownership and demonstrate a collaborative working manner within an agile environment running multiple projects.
- Develop technical capabilities to progress and enhance the Group’s Enterprise Data technology, running multiple projects including issues and design.
- Manage an Enterprise view of data consumption and production.
- Provide data expertise into projects executed by the Technical Delivery Function.
- Support a team of Developers in delivering technical solutions through the common approach to data and a common data model, engaging with key stakeholders such as developers, engineers, information security and data security.
- Support relationships with the other areas of the business to ensure that the use of data is consistent across the business.
- Work with the Head of Architecture to ensure Solutions support the architectural direction of the groups technology plan.
- Work to the agreed prioritisation of requirements for the development of the Enterprise Platform and to the agreed delivery dates against these requirements, by understanding the business priorities, the technical capability and the strategies of both the business and technology.
- Design and produce any necessary supporting documentation to enable the business to effectively utilise its data.
- Drafting design and architectural documentation, and identify and feedback any potential improvements to the organisation’s data architecture (including infrastructure and database design) and the technical architecture that supports it.
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Good experience of enterprise data architecture in organisations utilising Microsoft Technologies - experience in Telematics or IoT is an advantage.
- Membership of Data and Architectural Governance Forums.
- Experience of analysis and architectural modelling and documentation techniques, including Entity Relationship Diagrams and design specifications, and the ownership of those solutions through to delivery.
- Experience of PaaS Cloud Data Services and understanding of Data Management techniques, as well as extensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Reporting and Data management environments.
- Sound experience of the full SDLC, ideally with an Agile approach and TOGAF Certification is desirable.
- Strong stakeholder skills capable of influencing clients and selling the capability of the team in client-vendor relationship, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organisation skills, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of data technology platform design and components including data ingestion and integration, ETL, data lake technologies, Enterprise Data Warehouse, reporting and analytics, and experience in Data security.
- Backup and restore strategies for business continuity and knowledge of .net development including popular frameworks.
- Understanding of the retail insurance business and regulation and legislation applying to insurance and financial services companies.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.