We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Solutions Architect to join our Technology and Data teams in either Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Salford Quays, Manchester.
Our Architecture team are currently working on some fantastic projects and are looking for someone who is pro-active, creative, self-motivated, who loves to deliver business success and can drive the technology solutions forward supporting our highly ambitious and exciting plans. This role is pivotal in engaging with delivery teams and leveraging Agile development methodologies, whilst effectively documenting and communicating technical solutions.
Working in a highly empowered environment, your input and expertise will be valued, as you own the solutions from inception to delivery, involving enterprise-class internal platforms, COTS (Customisable Off the Shelf) products and cloud services, whilst collaborating with Programme and Engineering teams and third parties.
You’ll be working closely with business stakeholders at all levels and translating business objectives into operational, functional and technical solutions and supporting the Head of Architecture through recommendations and enabling the governance of internal and external solutions.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Engage with senior stakeholders, translating business goals to deliverable solutions and outcomes.
- Have experience of the full SDLC process, ideally within regulated and consumer-focused industries at volume.
- Will have worked as a software engineer earlier in your career.
- Enjoy creating and presenting Architecture to formal governance boards
- Integrate internal and external systems.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams remotely.
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Knowledge of analysis, design and modelling techniques, ideally within a formalised framework (TOGAF, Zachman etc)
- Experience in creating target architectures and transition states based on desired business outcomes, delivering solutions from inception through to implementation
- Experience of defining technical solutions including integration with enterprise class COTS (ERP, CRM etc) and cloud services
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey technical terms to a non-technical audience
- Experience of working for high-volume, data-driven organisations
- Experience of architecting within Agile delivery methods e.g. scaled Agile or scrum
- Understanding of retail insurance business would be advantageous
- Experience of technical product delivery within Microsoft technical stack would be advantageous
- An interest and exposure in emerging and maturing technologies (IOT, Blockchain, RPA, AI, etc.)
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .