We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Fancy a career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? Are you a talented Financial Analyst? If so, we need you to join our Finance team in Salford Quays, Manchester.
Combining analytical and modelling capability along with stakeholder management and business partnering, you’ll support the Business Partner through, initiative modelling and tracking, performance monitoring and challenge, budgeting and planning and stakeholder management.
You’ll drive business improvements and contribute to the success of the business, acting as a catalyst in steering forward initiatives critical to delivering the strategy. Creating and monitoring MI reports of key trading statistics, you’ll also support in the tracking and challenging cost spend and income across the pillar.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Be a qualified or part qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or qualified by experience
- Have solid understanding of best-practice budgeting and forecasting processes
- Have industry knowledge of the financial services and or regulated industry in the UK (preferable)
Business Initiatives and Tracking
- Develop analysis and models for initiative cost benefit analysis and assist in developing presentations to Exco and Manco
- Ensure the benefits of initiatives are accurately tracked and presented on a monthly basis and challenge where appropriate
Performance Monitoring and Challenge
- Understanding KPIs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and extrapolate that performance to the financial impact influencing options to mitigate any shortfall
- Assist with the month end expense process, liaising with Financial Accounting and producing monthly expense reporting for the pillar Leadership Team
Planning and Forecasting
- Assist with the creation of the annual Budget and quarterly reforecast for the pillar, gathering relevant data and helping to determine assumption development across the plan period
- Help ensure the change initiatives are correctly reflected in the budgets and forecasts
- Produce detailed financial models as appropriate for the pillar cost analysis, revenue performance and profitability models
- Create models for business initiative development and tracking
Stakeholder Management and Business Partnering
- Effectively partner the business to create financial solutions for a specific pillar of the business
- This role holder will be aligned to a specific pillar and will be required to create effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the pillar
Strategic and Commercial Acumen
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of key business performance (KPI’s) drivers and be able to draw conclusions from the suite of KPI’s available
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Business modelling experience
- Solid understanding of best-practice budgeting and forecasting processes
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to communicate and appropriately challenge senior management
- Ability to deal with complex data, summarise and provide clear insightful feedback
- Sound understanding of the structure of the group and its operations and objectives
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF)
- Good communication and presentation skills including verbal, and written
- Strong analytical skills with an eye on details
- Preferable industry knowledge of the financial services / regulated industry in the UK
- Insurance industry experience an advantage
- Preferably Degree educated (Finance, Mathematics or computing an advantage)
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
We’ve received some great feedback from employees on Glassdoor. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews for yourself!
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .