We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Privacy Analyst to join our Corporate Governance, Risk and Control team in either Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
Supporting the Privacy function, you’ll assess, analyse, understand, protect and sustain the privacy management framework across the Group through a programme of reporting, investigation and testing of privacy controls.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have previous experience working in a data protection team within the financial services industry
- Be familiar with national and European data protection laws and practices, including (but not limited to) the Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and of course the General Data Protection Regulation
- Have demonstrable experience of DPIA's
- Support the Data Protection Officer (DPO) with maintenance of reporting to measure privacy risk, DPIAs, data rights management volumes and effectiveness of applicable controls for use in various management reporting
- Maintain the corporate register for data protection breaches and support the DPO to investigate and assess circumstances, materiality, root causes and to implement appropriate remedial actions
- Support data incident response and data breach notification procedures as required by the Privacy Manager and or DPO
- Conduct monitoring activity, as set out in the monitoring plan in line with relevant deadlines throughout the year and to monitor your own adherence to such timetable
- Engage and work with other areas of risk and control to ensure appropriate alignment of activities and outcomes and production of necessary reporting
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/regulations at all times
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Knowledgeable in performing, monitoring and testing of controls to understand effectiveness and improvement
- Previous experience conducting investigation, identifying root cause and introducing resolution
- Familiar with business information systems and privacy lifecycles
- Understanding of National and European Data Protection Laws and practices, including (but not limited to) the Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and of course the General Data Protection Regulation
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects
- Strong analytical and resolution skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working / Hybrid working 2 days office / 3 home based
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process .